UTSA Hires new AD

Coach Bill Lewis

6 hours ago, Cerebus said:

IMHO posters here who troll other boards should get time outs.

I don't think you want to take on the responsibility of policing other boards.

I don't get the hate for the hire.  I just skimmed her bio, but if I understand correctly, she has been at the top of the totem pole at NAU and achieved across-the-board success.  Am I missing something?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

UTSA fans think their AD position is a way better job than it actually is. They have major issues with facilities. 

Under Smatresk our administration seems to finally be serious about athletics.  I don't think Wren would have come here otherwise.  The issue with UTSA is they don't seem to be at that point. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

quick thoughts

1. Lots of fun sexism and racism over there.

2. NAU does have a very nice swimming/diving facility...had the chance to bang out a few miles there while we were in Flagstaff...swimming at 7000' is a challenge.

3. someone needs to rein in Munthe. he's embarrassing. 

They're making themselves look like neanderthals by complaining about "PC culture" while they're just being plain sexist assholes.

At the same time, whoever that UNT fan is trolling on their forums, he needs to take a look in the mirror. UNT has a long and storied history of dumb decisions and ineptitude. Best not to give anyone fuel

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

quick thoughts

1. Lots of fun sexism and racism over there.

2. NAU does have a very nice swimming/diving facility...had the chance to bang out a few miles there while we were in Flagstaff...swimming at 7000' is a challenge.

3. someone needs to rein in Munthe. he's embarrassing. 

I don’t post over there. 

I’ve been working all day, I have no clue what’s going on.

There are about three trolls over there that they call me for some bizarre reason.

I really wish everyone would stop feeding the straight up harassment I’ve gotten from those idiots.

I haven’t trolled them on there since our first meeting. I don’t even acknowledge them anymore. I’m so fed up with this.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

She talks a good game, but there is a lot more to success than that.  Only time will tell, but she looks like a good fit for UTSA.  I do wonder if Wilson's questionable recruiting is going to fit into her vision of student-athletes. 

It almost seemed the President was more excited about a meeting with Red McCombs than he was about his new AD.   Suck-up at an embarrassing level.