Red White and Blue Helmets for the Army Game

MGNation92

17 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

:sigh: we were doing so well...

agree...our "star spangled flying leek" looks a little forced.

there are better ways to honor the military....fly overs, special thanks over the PA, all military families get FREE-dom seats in the wing-zone, half-time show dedication or time-out recognition for longtime alumni who are veterans.

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 3XL said:

agree...our "star spangled flying leek" looks a little forced.

there are better ways to honor the military....fly overs, special thanks over the PA, all military families get FREE-dom seats in the wing-zone, half-time show dedication or time-out recognition for longtime alumni who are veterans.

Pretty sure they will do a special thanks... and who has said there won't be a fly over?

Was at Firehouse a few days ago and saw multiple guys wearing shirts that were gold and black that had US Army Paratroop emblem on the back.. and could not make out what it said on the chest... 

I spoke with one of the Army’s Black Knights parachute team Monday. They are in town early visiting high schools, etc. as part of their PR/recruiting duties. They are planning a jump in on game day weather permitting.  That means no high winds either. Enjoyed chatting with him about skydiving and how things have changed from my skydiving days in the mid 70’s. It has changed a lot! Anyway, fun fact...guy asked where I was stationed while in the Air Force. When I replied “Whiteman Air Force Base”, he replied....”I was born at Whiteman”. Small world indeed! Here’s hoping for clear skies and no wind Saturday! Bring on the Black Knights! 👍👍

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

I posted my objections when a tweet showed several of our players dressed in flags. I know everyone does this now but there is a U.S. Code which addresses this. Do other teams alter their uniforms to reflect a patriotic theme when they play a service academy?  

I must admit the only time I was ashamed of our university was when one of our players mocked the cadets by saluting them after a big play at the game at West Point. I hope we offered them a formal apology.

I missed that. Are we sure it was mocking, or might have it been respectful sportsmanship? If it's definitely the former then I agree.

As to the helmets...I'm down with patriotic symbolism especially when playing service academies. And win or lose, I love having our guys play them as often as possible. You want football to be American then play some badass Americans.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

I spoke with one of the Army’s Black Knights parachute team Monday. They are in town early visiting high schools, etc. as part of their PR/recruiting duties. They are planning a jump in on game day weather permitting.  That means no high winds either. Enjoyed chatting with him about skydiving and how things have changed from my skydiving days in the mid 70’s. It has changed a lot! Anyway, fun fact...guy asked where I was stationed while in the Air Force. When I replied “Whiteman Air Force Base”, he replied....”I was born at Whiteman”. Small world indeed! Here’s hoping for clear skies and no wind Saturday! Bring on the Black Knights! 👍👍

weatherman this morning said 30mph winds saturday...hope that isn't true.