Bowl Projections 11/12/2017

unt_rocket09

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

UNT would only be at the Frisco bowl if it was the only offer.. it will not be the only offer.. Armed Forces, HoD are the likely targets with Independence (if offered) could over take a DFW game, then New Mexico as the dark horse with not a big choice I would think.

Lmao so dumb.. 

does it matter? Is it going to effect the outcome? This isn't some deep throat stuff. It's a Bowl game

Anywhoo SI has us HOD vs Texas Tech.... Source... Internet.( but shhhhh).         #sourcenosource #justsayingnotsaying

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mgfan said:

does it matter? Is it going to effect the outcome? This isn't some deep throat stuff. It's a Bowl game

Anywhoo SI has us HOD vs Texas Tech.... Source... Internet.( but shhhhh).         #sourcenosource #justsayingnotsaying

Could it affect the outcome? Uhh yes, the individual that is giving the information to Austin likely would not be given that info in the future thus affecting the outcome.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No to Army in the Armed Forces- It would be the second time we played in a month. I'd be okay with the Armed Forces Bowl if Army wasn't tied to it. Army should take the AAC's spot in the Hawaii Bowl and the Armed Forces should fill their spot with an AAC west team like Houston, Navy, or even SMU. That would be better for everyone.

If Army stays tied to the Armed Forces and we can't fill a spot in the HOD verses a P5, then I hope we are able to fill in a spot at the Independence Bowl.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Please, no Frisco Bowl.

Please, no Army bowl game again. They already accepted the Armed Forces Bowl so stop saying "I'd love to play there if it's not against Army." I agree with that statement, but that's not going to happen.

I think our best bowl option would be HoD. At least we'd also have the best chance at a good opponent there. Texas Tech would be my pick there although I know we'd be the underdogs.

I'd still be pretty ok with the Independence Bowl, although I'd expect UNT attendance to be cut in half compared to HoD.

New Mexico Bowl would be even less attended, but might still be ok if we get at least Colorado State.

N.O. Bowl only if it's not against the Sun Belt (doubtful) -- we gain nothing by playing the Sun Belt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wardly said:

If the football pundits are correct its Dallas,Ft. Worth, or Albuquerque. UTSA in mentioned in the same breath for a couple of them, so our options might expand if they lose their final 2 games against Marshall and La. Tech to finish 5 & 6[Houston home game was cancelled.]

So it's possible that as Conference-USA West Division Champion we don't get a bowl game that could be considered conducive to our maximum fan support, but UTSA gets a  bowl game in our backyard (Armed Services Bowl) & gets the recruiting percs that will come with that?  What a damn revolting development of bullshit that could become if it materializes that way. 

I know New Orleans is a destination "mystique" city & Albuquerque has its uniqueness, but what do they do for our fan base  most of whom will not travel to the tune of approx 30,000 plus fans as we'd understandably do in DFW)  & what about our recruiting (which is mostly) Texas?   We don't seem to be recruiting Louisiana to where it would help being at the NO's Bowl.  If we don't get a Texas-based bowl game, New Orleans would probably be the best consolation prize.

Anyhow, a bowl game is a big deal no matter where it would be but as Division Champ it seems we could do better as it relates to the entire University & Mean Green family?  Just sayin' what others are thinking (or soon will be).  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

So it's possible that as Conference-USA West Division Champion we don't get a bowl game that could be considered conducive to our maximum fan support, but UTSA gets a  bowl game in our backyard (Armed Services Bowl) & gets the recruiting percs that will come with that?  What a damn revolting development of bullshit that could become if it materializes that way. 

I know New Orleans is a destination "mystique" city & Albuquerque has its uniqueness, but what do they do for our fan base  most of whom will not travel to the tune of approx 30,000 plus fans as we'd understandably do in DFW)  & what about our recruiting (which is mostly) Texas?   We don't seem to be recruiting Louisiana to where it would help being at the NO's Bowl.

Anyhow, a bowl game is a big deal no matter where it would be but as Division Champ it seems we could do better as it relates to the entire University & Mean Green family?  Just sayin' what others have thought.

GM!

We had really good crowds in New Orleans before.

Those post-finals road trips for NOLA bowl run created some of the best college memories, win or losses, for those in school between 01-04...and I'd wager a guess that it created a loyalty that has carried over for many now in their mid 30s. 

Figure in what ULL would bring, and I think that'd create the best unt game experience...maybe ever. 

Were not at a point of caring too much about perception. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Those post-finals road trips for NOLA bowl run created some of the best college memories, win or losses, for those in school between 01-04...and I'd wager a guess that it created a loyalty that has carried over for many now in their mid 30s. 

Figure in what ULL would bring, and I think that'd create the best unt game experience...maybe ever. 

Agree.  The NO's Bowl in the early 2000's was a nationally televised fan-builder for the MG football program.  A UNT/ULL game would be a regional televised winner.  A bowl game with a more national program would be better (and I'm sure ULL would say the same) but those kind of matchups are in the hands of the bowl people.  

CbL,  I suppose my main problem with this is that after we beat UTSA (and "assuming" they end up in Fort Worth, ) it will be the SA Beep! Beeps! who will be the DFW area recruiting winner.  Our recruiting, Censored by Laurie, still needs some improvement on an annual basis.   If we could have solid recruiting every year, then we would not have these 2 winning seasons every 10 year droughts. Littrell shows more promise in stopping that modus opp than anyone we've had lately.  Hope he stays around to pull it off.

Peace and...GMG!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

This. ^

And mind you.....those four bowl game crowds were on a Tuesday back then.  Its still amazing to me to this day.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

The NO Bowl a couple years back where ULL played Tulane had a massive crowd. Looked and sounded great on tv. Really believe us matched with ULL would produce a similar turnout, especially with it being a Saturday game.

That said if Texas Tech - UNT were to become available in the HOD bowl, that’d quickly shift my preference.

ULL is 4 & 5 and must win 2 of last 3 to be bowl eligible. Why we want to play a middling Sun Belt team?[see what winning the West does to your expectations]. I have been to New Orleans 4 times, to the HOD twice, and would like a change of locations. I would love to play Army in Ft. Worth, but barring that Albuquerque against either SDSU or CSU looks a greater challenge that U La La. Also, it seems that bowl matchups are more about television that butts in the seat, otherwise we would be in Dallas or Ft. Worth, UAB in Birmingham,New Mexico State in Albuquerque, etc.

• Upvote 2