So next week....8-2 Army on the way

TheColonyEagle

It's gonna be a rough game.  They are playing really well this year.  One of the best seasons in years for us but we've still got quite the tough road ahead.  

That said, I didn't expect us to be in the position we're in at all when the season started.  We've beat some solid teams.  Barely, but we found a way.  This UNT team is different. 

• Upvote 3

Well, hopefully we can at least not worry about giving up those big, lucky pass plays like we always seem vulnerable to and focus on the run defense. Although I will not be able to make It, I think this attendance could be larger than homecoming. It's a week after the largest student attendance got to see the Mean Green deliver an ass whipping.

2 hours ago, untbowler said:

hope the DC has defense ready to hold their lines and not give up big play due to missed assignments. Triple option is tough, but team showed they could stop it last year on the road. 

This will be the third time in about a year that we've played them. Hopefully, Reffett has figured out a way to slow them down. We'll just need to out score them.

13 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

This will be the third time in about a year that we've played them. Hopefully, Reffett has figured out a way to slow them down. We'll just need to out score them.

Should have plenty of game film to review.  We are probably in the best position as anyone to handle Army.  Everyone just needs to do their job.

Once again, we are playing a team that NT can beat if we play our best. But we can also lose and lose by a lot if NT does NOT play their best. 

Frankly, the same is true for Rice and FAU. FAU isn't Alabama. They aren't even Iowa. They can be beat. But if we aren't playing our best, we will lose and lose by a lot. 

5 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

Once again, we are playing a team that NT can beat if we play our best. But we can also lose and lose by a lot if NT does NOT play their best. 

Frankly, the same is true for Rice and FAU. FAU isn't Alabama. They aren't even Iowa. They can be beat. But if we aren't playing our best, we will lose and lose by a lot. 

I think FAU’s offense is light years better than iowa’s. They are an absolute nightmare for us to matchup with...

We just need to stop the run. We have to load up the box and play man to man on the back end. I don't think they have the receivers or the QB to beat us throwing the football. We have to sell out and stop the run. If they beat us, force them to beat us through the air. I don't think their secondary can cover our receivers. If they load up to stop Wilson, we will torch them with the pass.