Seth Littrell has made the Mean Green relevant again – and he may not be around much longer

Brady Keane

Why worry about this now?  Sure, he could possibly get hired away at the end of the year, but historically speaking, G5 coaches have to prove themselves a little more.  See Jeff Brohm, Art Briles, etc.  He'll probably be with us at least another year, and could be with us for a few years.

Let's just enjoy a win, okay?

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

F that, TCU kept Patterson why can't we keep SL! For the 1st time in our history we are taking athletics seriously, not only football, we won't let SL go without a fight! In Wren I trust!

There’s a great read on espn on why he stayed in Fort Worth. I wish we can keep SL like TCU has kept Patterson. Lol just make us into a power house.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meaniegreenie said:

OMG!!!  STOP IT!  STOP IT! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, based on these prognosticators, you'd think we were 15-0 with an average win of 38 pts, including a pre-season win over the Cowboys.

Well, the state of college football especially the P5 schools HAVE to win. Therefore they are always looking for the coach to make them the next Bama. SL took a program that was as bad as I've seen ( granted I'm relativity young) into a two time bowl team and at the very least in the conference championship for the 1st time in over a decade.  He will get calls this off-season make no mistake about it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Well, the state of college football especially the P5 schools HAVE to win. Therefore they are always looking for the coach to make them the next Bama. SL took a program that was as bad as I've seen ( granted I'm relativity young) into a two time bowl team and at the very least in the conference championship for the 1st time in over a decade.  He will get calls this off-season make no mistake about it!

2013?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Haha 2

pay him and the rest of the staff much more now to set the precedent for the future.

Also, increase the buy out for the school that will come knocking in a year or two. I don't think he will leave now, but it's coming and we had better be ready to benefit as much as possible when it happens. 

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Geez people.  Seth isn't going anywhere any time soon.  Don't get me wrong.  The guy has us going the right direction and we are light years better than we were.  However, we aren't exactly great.  C-USA is piss poor and we haven't exactly faired well against non-conference foes.  For the love of God, I pray the AD doesn't give him another huge raise.  It serves no purpose.. It won't keep him here if a P5 comes calling.  All it will do is force us to pay out more if he falls apart like Mccarney. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3