Final record?

oldguystudent

All signs point to us playing 14 games this year.  If I'm not mistaken, that's the first time in UNT history to play that many games in one year.  

Currently sitting at 6-3, I think we beat UTEP and Rice, but maybe not Army, so 8-4 regular season, mirroring 2013 with a 5-1 home and 3-3 road record.  

If we face FAU in Boca, I am not leaning toward winning that one.  

So that brings us to the bowl game, where we have no idea who we'll play or where, so I'm going to optimistically take the win on that.  

Final record:  9-5

What say you oh sage prognosticators? 

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

All signs point to us playing 14 games this year.  If I'm not mistaken, that's the first time in UNT history to play that many games in one year.  

Currently sitting at 6-3, I think we beat UTEP and Rice, but maybe not Army, so 8-4 regular season, mirroring 2013 with a 5-1 home and 3-3 road record.  

So that brings us to the bowl game, where we have no idea who we'll play or where, so I'm going to optimistically take the win on that.  

- UTEP: Blow out all the way...W

- Army: Close game, but we win to go undefeated at home...W

- Rice: Game is never in doubt, but closer than most think as our team has one eye on FAU...W

-FAU: Game is much closer this time, but our defense still can't slow down FAU...L

-Bowl game: I'm guessing we get sent to the HoD Bowl again vs another G5 team. Behind a big UNT crowd we win...W

Final record: 10-4

6-3
UTEP - W = 7-3
ARMY - W (at home gets us by... barely, to accomplish one of our 2 team goals for the year: undefeated at home) = 8-3
Rice - W = 9-3
C-USA championship @ Boca Raton - W (revenge is sweeter when it comes with a Conference championship trophy) = 10-3
Independence Bowl VS Louisville - L (too much Lamar Jackson for this defense to handle) = 10-4

How's that for calling shots?

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
As much as I wish we won our Bowl... we're gonna get lit up by Lamar Jackson.
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I'm exactly in  line with your thoughts.  2 more L's to Army and FAU.  Win all the rest.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

6-3
UTEP - W = 7-3
ARMY - W (at home gets us by... barely, to accomplish one of our 2 team goals for the year: undefeated at home) = 8-3
Rice - W = 9-3
C-USA championship @ Boca Raton - W (revenge is sweeter when it comes with a Conference championship trophy) = 10-3
Independence Bowl VS Louisville - L (too much Lamar Jackson for this defense to handle) = 11-4

How's that for calling shots?

This is impressive. Both winning and losing our bowl game for the rare 15 game season. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it plays out

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

- Rice: Game is never in doubt, but closer than most think as our team has one eye on FAU...W

-FAU: Game is much closer this time, but our defense still can't slow down FAU...L

-Bowl game: I'm guessing we get sent to the HoD Bowl again vs another G5 team. Behind a big UNT crowd we win...W

^ Agreed

• Upvote 1

I think we end up winning out for the rest of the season. Army is going to lose to us and I think it will be a very close game. If there is one opponent I enjoy seeing UNT play, it's definitely Army!

I still don't like talking about the championship game (because nothing is given) But if we end up playing FAU in Florida, I don't have the best feeling on that matchup. I'm really hoping a shake up happens and We get to play the champ game in Denton. Please... Please Please win teams playing FAU in the coming weeks...

Our bowl game should be a win, I think we'll be sitting pretty at seasons end and roll in hungry for a W in bowl season!

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

8-4 preseason prediction = #NewDenton
8-4 prediction NOW = #OldDenton
busting your balls Lifer.

Oh, I'm good and understand.  I am just superstitious about changing my win prediction prior to them reaching the original.  I plan on adjusting my prediction after Army.

14 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You had me until the bowl game.  We are due for another bowl win, but I don’t think it’ll be at HoD.  Odds are low (but still a chance) for a CUSA team to go to the HoD bowl this year since there are no direct ties to CUSA this go around.  Odds of the opponent in HoD also being a G5 school are really low since all ties this year are with P5 conferences. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

You had me until the bowl game.  We are due for another bowl win, but I don’t think it’ll be at HoD.  Odds are low (but still a chance) for a CUSA team to go to the HoD bowl this year since there are no direct ties to CUSA this go around.  Odds of the opponent in HoD also being a G5 school are really low since all ties this year are with P5 conferences. 

Odds of the Big 12 and Big 10 not being able to fill their spots are getting higher. We're the HoD Bowl's first call if they have an opening.

• Lovely Take 1