Georgio bowing up

Harry

Ole George here needs to flick the chip off his shoulder and shake the salt off. 

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Talking smack to George about not being enough of a fan?

SMH

Austin is just excited man. Reaching out to people doing what Austin does. I don't think he's "smack talking" anyone. 

• Upvote 10
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 12

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Although, I’ll admit the direction Austin took was misguided, I don’t think the appropriate response is “look at all I’ve done and you’re just a kid” when both want the same thing: #PackApogee

This ^. 

Also, George has some internal fortitude and mental stamina, he must. He referred to #OldDenton with almost a sense of pride in his tweet and that had to be one of the most turbelent stretches (outside of 01-04) of UNT football in the history of ever. And he sat up there in the booth and called game after game after game after miserable game. I'm a fan of the guy though. I liked his demeanor over the radio and of course his Russia comment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, LETitFLYguy said:

You don't really get the benefit of the doubt with older alumni now, after multiple remarks regarding the alumni side. It seems to me you got the response you deserved. Also your reply about using his followers is pretty petty and trollish. 

I think these are pretty separate issues. I still assert that the alumni side isn’t loud enough (though I do recognize they contribute in other ways). Also, if the older alumni’s response to young alumni/current students is always “well back in my day” or “Well I’ve done this and you’re just a kid” I guarantee you that will hamper the future growth of the UNT brand and MGC. Younger people don’t like being told about how they aren’t as good of fans or how their opinions don’t matter as much simply due to not being on this earth as long.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 20