When is the CUSA Champ game?

Moobs

So I was trying to  figure this out.  I searched google and the CUSA website and couldn't find a date for the game.  I'd assume it would be the same weekend as other championship games, on December 2nd.  However, FIU is already playing a game that day.  So this makes me think it can't/won't be played that day.  Does anyone have definite details on the date/time of the game?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

So I was trying to  figure this out.  I searched google and the CUSA website and couldn't find a date for the game.  I'd assume it would be the same weekend as other championship games, on December 2nd.  However, FIU is already playing a game that day.  So this makes me think it can't/won't be played that day.  Does anyone have definite details on the date/time of the game?

FIU has a game on the 2nd if they don't make the CCG. It will be December 2nd at the team who has a better CUSA record out of the East-West division winners. I think time is still TBD

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Thanks for the info.

That's weird that FIU would schedule a game on championship weekend.  I'm guessing they'll have to buy UMass out of that game if they make it to the championship game.

That may be a makeup game that was cancelled earlier in the season due to the hurricane.

EDIT:  Nope, I guess it was always scheduled for 12/2.  I guess FIU was confident they wouldn't be in the championship game.

Edited by keith
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, keith said:

That may be a makeup game that was cancelled earlier in the season due to the hurricane.

EDIT:  Nope, I guess it was always scheduled for 12/2.  I guess FIU was confident they wouldn't be in the championship game.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/fiu-adds-game-with-umass-to-replace-cancelled-indiana-contest/

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, grossman said:

Would be nice to see FIU win the next 3. I believe we would have a chance at hosting (if we take care of business as well) if that happens.

only way that happens is if FIU beats FAU and loses to either latech or Charlotte,

then FIU has to lose one more.  FIU would still hold the tie breaker over us if they each had 1 conf loss.

Edited by meangreen08

23 minutes ago, meangreen08 said:

only way that happens is if FIU beats FAU and loses to either latech or Charlotte,

then FIU has to lose one more.  FIU would still hold the tie breaker over us if they each had 1 conf loss.

if UNT and FIU win out (conference wise), how does FIU hold the tiebreaker over us?   We'd both be 7-1 in conference, and neither of us would be ranked in the CFP poll.

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

if UNT and FIU win out (conference wise), how does FIU hold the tiebreaker over us?   We'd both be 7-1 in conference, and neither of us would be ranked in the CFP poll.

UNT will have a better division record (6-0) whereas FIU lost to Middle Tennessee.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Two-team tie-breaker procedure[edit]

1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
  2. If tied, head to head between tied teams.
  3. If still tied, team with highest CFP ranking.

NOTE: Although all division rivals meet during the season and NCAA overtime is played in case of a tie game, the CUSA has provisions in case a game ends in a tie under NCAA Rule 3-3-3 (c) and (d), Suspending the Game, or if the two tied teams did not play an official game because of weather. As such, CUSA rules still contain the remaining procedures if those circumstances were to happen.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/tiebraker.pdf

26 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

UNT will have a better division record (6-0) whereas FIU lost to Middle Tennessee.

do they go by division record? I hope your right. i posted above from CUSA

Just now, meangreen08 said:

Two-team tie-breaker procedure[edit]

1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
  2. If tied, head to head between tied teams.
  3. If still tied, team with highest CFP ranking.

NOTE: Although all division rivals meet during the season and NCAA overtime is played in case of a tie game, the CUSA has provisions in case a game ends in a tie under NCAA Rule 3-3-3 (c) and (d), Suspending the Game, or if the two tied teams did not play an official game because of weather. As such, CUSA rules still contain the remaining procedures if those circumstances were to happen.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/tiebraker.pdf

Yes,  this is what I've seen/posted before, but @UNTFan23 posted the difference between our divisional records... I may have jumped the gun in assuming he saw a different set of tiebreaker rules.    

@UNTFan23, care to clarify?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes,  this is what I've seen/posted before, but @UNTFan23 posted the difference between our divisional records... I may have jumped the gun in assuming he saw a different set of tiebreaker rules.    

@UNTFan23, care to clarify?

again, i hope @UNTFan23 is right.  that would mean all that needs to happen is FIU beats FAU. and we win out in conf of course.

14 minutes ago, meangreen08 said:

again, i hope @UNTFan23 is right.  that would mean all that needs to happen is FIU beats FAU. and we win out in conf of course.

Maybe I got it confused with Division Champion tiebreaker criteria?

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Did you all not see this?  Let's win out and then worry about it.

Nah.  If we (the fans, not the players) can't be over-confident about games VS 2 teams with a combined 1-17 record, we don't deserve to be fans.

Onward we go!   Where do we put the C-USA Championship trophy?
Or, should we revisit how we need to be winning all these close games by more points, and maybe we're not really that good?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

if FIU makes it to the conf championsip game they will not play UMASS.

so regardless the conf championship game will be played on december 2nd.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/conference-usa/florida-international-university/article182969196.html

that would be cool for FIU to have to play UMass in the morning, and the C-USA Championship game in the evening.  We can even host the first game FOC....