When is the CUSA Champ game?

Moobs

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

As of right now, ~25% chance.

The dust will settle on 11/18 after FAU plays FIU.

We all should be Bulldog fans this weekend.

YEP

19 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

As of right now, ~25% chance.

The dust will settle on 11/18 after FAU plays FIU.

We all should be Bulldog fans this weekend.

and who knows, LATech might play muhc better at home after a tough loss last week.

• Lovely Take 1

I found out Monday night the planning had already started just in case. If we do host we are on a very short leash most likely 4 or 5 days according to the staffer I talked to about it.

29 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

The chance of hosting the CUSA champ game is so slim there is no reason to waste the energy and manpower of planning. Put that energy into your 100% for sure last 2 home games of the season.  

And if we did end up hosting you'd be the first person here to bitch and complain about the lack of organization. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

In the unlikely event that we host, I assume we season ticket holders would have first right of refusal for our usual seats, right? 

Seems like in previous years they actually sent season ticket holders parking passes for the championship game just in case. I don't think they did that this year though. 

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Seems like in previous years they actually sent season ticket holders parking passes for the championship game just in case. I don't think they did that this year though. 

They did that one time.  I think it was 2014.  It was a bit of a public relations nightmare given how football went down. 

Correction:  Now that I think of it, they may have done that in 2015, which would make it even funnier. @TheTastyGreek could shed some light on this since I believe he made some sort of mass art project out of those parking passes. 

Edited by oldguystudent

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

They did that one time.  I think it was 2014.  It was a bit of a public relations nightmare given how football went down. 

Not 2014, it was the glorious 2015 season!  
But yeah, just once...  The reason was because the vendor made them in packs of 6, but we only had 5 homes games that year (Thanks RV!)... so they just put the C-USA championship game on there as a bonus!

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not 2014, it was the glorious 2015 season!  
But yeah, just once...  The reason was because the vendor made them in packs of 6, but we only had 5 homes games that year (Thanks RV!)... so they just put the C-USA championship game on there as a bonus!

One of the most glorious fuckups of my time at UNT.  As the season trudged on, it got funnier and funnier. 

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

The chance of hosting the CUSA champ game is so slim there is no reason to waste the energy and manpower of planning. Put that energy into your 100% for sure last 2 home games of the season.  

I agree that its a very slim chance, however stating that the university shouldn't waste energy or manpower for planning is a pretty ridiculous.

its possible, just not likely. we've seen crazier things happen in college football.

• Upvote 1