Preparations for Division Clincher

Matt from A700

I agree, I agree. No opponent should be overlooked. I'm still embarrassed thinking of the 50+ UTEP hung on us last year.

But, we can all agree we are much better this year. And our team loves playing at home, and could very well go undefeated at Apogee in 2017.

All week, the Athletic Department and university needs to be promoting this game like crazy. Homecoming makes it better. "Come back to Denton to see your school clinch its first conference championship game berth in C-USA".

More student organization promotions? Honestly I think any Facebook or Twitter or Instagram affiliated with a UNT organization needs to be getting their followers to the game. Maybe not a huge game in terms of the opponent but huge in that we finally might be on our way to being a force in Conference USA.

If we win, we need to have graphics ready on the scoreboard saying "THE WEST IS OURS" or something. Maybe a few times during the game, subtly put the division standings on the video board with an asterisk that *North Texas clinches division with win.

COME ON Y'ALL GET EXCITED!!! 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

Get the signs ready!  

Uab - welcome back

southern miss - rocked in the rock 

utsa - we took it

old dominion - nice try

la tech - bulldozed

utep - we rule the West 

GMG

New one:

southern missed.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Signs around campus all week: Tear it down!  Tear it down! Tear it down!

answering the phone at the admin building: “Tear it down, thank you for calling the university of North Texas how may I assist you?”

make it campus wide. Go Mean Green!!!!!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, NM Green said:

Signs around campus all week: Tear it down!  Tear it down! Tear it down!

answering the phone at the admin building: “Tear it down, thank you for calling the university of North Texas how may I assist you?”

make it campus wide. Go Mean Green!!!!!

First place Mean Green!

that's the only way to answer the phone

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

Love the enthusiasm, but how bout you just rush the field and leave the goal posts alone.  Maybe if we somehow host the conference championship game and win you can tear them down.  You tear them down when the mission is accomplished. 

I'm sure there are a few hundred students out there who love the idea of tearing it down.

If we're in a situation where they come out because they are thinking about it, when they wouldn't otherwise consider attending, I think I'd be okay with it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greeneagle1 said:

Ehh we can get new ones. 

11 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

There are two perfectly good ones sitting at Fouts that can be brought over and used as temporary replacements if we can’t get new factory ones. 

We have Army a week later. I have no idea what it takes to install new goal posts but the school would be working under the gun to get a new one installed.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

I'm beyond excited for this game. I'll be there, but I'm not sure I'll remember it. Alumni lacrosse game in the AM + the obligatory tailgate = too many beers. GMG

Volleyball will also be looking to clinch the #1 seed as well on Saturday.. the worst they can do is 2nd in CUSA, it’s only a few bucks if anyone wants to swing by and see them as well!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

There are two perfectly good ones sitting at Fouts that can be brought over and used as temporary replacements if we can’t get new factory ones. 

I'm going to guess that the NCAA or CUSA has to recertify uprights or something dumb, just like how the NCAA has to measure sign off on the backboards/etc for the basketball games. Rip them down after Army when we are West champs and undefeated at home

• Downvote 1