NT beats ASU

CMJ

Allow me to be the first to jump aboard the bandwagon. I haven't been real bullish about this team to date, but the last two wins were outstanding.

I think were finally getting the consistent guard play we've been missing for a long time. Watson and Hopkins were huge again today, and I owe Rogers some apologies as well.

4-1 with two home games upcoming. It may be time to start believing in the Mean Green!

Everybody needs to get word out that we have a homestand this weekend. Bring 2 or 3 guys with you , we need to have at least 3,000 fans for both games, no excuses. We are leading the Belt for goodness sake please come to the Pit. Also lets try to get a little more into the game, the other night it was a close game at the end and the atmosphere was like it was in the middle of the 1st half, i was embarrased. Just think we could be 6-1 in conference by the end of next week. Please come to the games !!!!!!!!!!

Amazing, I got to listen to the end on the way home. Just crazy. More than anything I'm happy for some kind of bright spot that is finally happening for JJ. He's had a tough time with the injuries. Finally something good at the perfect time with his team getting hot. And of course, I'm on duty Thurs, and the F5's 3rd B day is saturday. There's no way I can leave the wife in her 7th month by herself to clean up around the house that evening. I'll have to yell from here.

Rick

Now the people who say they don't go to games because the team isn't good don't have an excuse. They either need to go to the game if they can or just go ahead and say they don't care about anything other than football.

Don't forget the tailgating before the games. The group of us tailgaters gets pretty nuts during the games. Hopkins had a huge night, and it looks like he's finally starting to turnaround his season. Also, don't forget Calvin Watson who had a huge night, especially for a freshman.

Also, we're tied for 1st place in the Sun Belt, not just the west division. biggrin.gif Don't forget that Coach Jones and Coach Slinker have their Monday show this week @ 7pm at the Loophole in Denton.

Uh..... I REALLY don't care about anything other than football biggrin.gif

That's fine, but I hope you aren't one of the ones whinning about how UNT can't move to a better conference because of the other sports, such as basketball.

That's fine, but I hope you aren't one of the ones whinning about how UNT can't move to a better conference because of the other sports, such as basketball.

I really don't think "other" sports have anything to do with conference realignment. My limited research supports my theory.

SMU: Sucks in football and isn't very good in their other sport basketball. No baseball team.

Temple: Thinking about dropping to D1AA in football, basketball is usually very good.

Tulsa: Up until this year football stunk, basketball is usually very good.

Houston: Nothing in football until this year, nothing in basketball since Phi Slamma Jamma

UTEP: Nothing in football for years. Basketball team starting to come back around.

NMSU: Not much in football, basketball usually pretty good, but not on a national scale.

USU: See NMSU

La. Tech: Nothing in football except the annual upset and bball isn't much. La Tech is more known for their women's bball program.

That may be true Lifer, but you have to admit that being champs in football and basketball would be a lot more appealing than just a good football team. The more selling points the better.

Conference realignment aside, this team is on a roll and in contention for a title in a sport that is very visible to the public and they deserve and need our support.

If you don't like basketball, be like Cara and watch the dancers the whole game. That alone is worth a 5 dollar ticket.

I love basketball and i really love Football and for all you football lovers out there the best thing that can happen to the football team is for the basketball team to be competting for the title. Think about it? Isnt everything about exposure? Do you think those recruits for texas and oklahoma do when they come to visit the school during this time? Those schools take the kids to the basketball games jsut to show them a part of the atmosphere they will be playing in. Not to mention the more successfull programs you have the more likely ATHLETIC donors and the school will be willing to get behind your PROGRAM not just one sport. So even if you dont like basketball get out to the Super Pit and yell your ass off for the football teams sake, cuz you never know when there might be that one blue chip recruit we need to take it to the next level sitting down there watching the fans and how they SUPPORT THERE MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!