LA Tech Game Thread

AustinFromUNT

I am ecstatic for the win, but I still believe we were out-coached. The game should not have been this close. I say again that we had more talent on the field than they did. We have got to learn how to make in game adjustments not just halftime adjustments. GH was killing me by putting the offense in Fine's hands. Wilson was rolling and they used him sparingly. I don't know if they are trying to preserve him for later, but he was beasting tonight and we didn't use him nearly enough. We could have kept their offense off the field if we would have used Wilson more. I understand playing fast, but sometimes you have to grind a team down. Especially when they have as many injuries as LAT has. It's a win and I will take it. See you all next week at Apogee. Oh yeah I will be there. Let's see if we can get the apathetic students to come out. They have no excuse now because if a Veteran like me can come out on Veteran's day, they should too.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Venson said:

I am ecstatic for the win, but I still believe we were out-coached. The game should not have been this close. I say again that we had more talent on the field than they did. We have got to learn how to make in game adjustments not just halftime adjustments. GH was killing me by putting the offense in Fine's hands. Wilson was rolling and they used him sparingly. I don't know if they are trying to preserve him for later, but he was beasting tonight and we didn't use him nearly enough. We could have kept their offense off the field if we would have used Wilson more. I understand playing fast, but sometimes you have to grind a team down. Especially when they have as many injuries as LAT has. It's a win and I will take it. See you all next week at Apogee. Oh yeah I will be there. Let's see if we can get the apathetic students to come out. They have no excuse now because if a Veteran like me can come out on Veteran's day, they should too.

I hear you but I also thought Holtz made some bad mistakes that led to the loss for La. Tech.  For instance they went for field goals a lot when I felt like they could have gotten TD’s because our defense was gassed.  

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep. We have to adjust and take pressure off of the passing game when needed. 

In other news, Facebook/Stadium is the best coverage we have had all year. Really good production. 

Reminder, CUSA Soccer Championship on ESPN3 tomorrow morning. 

Our ladies of Soccer will get it done. They have been playing lights out. That ODU loss got them in the right frame of mind. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I hear you but I also thought Holtz made some bad mistakes that led to the loss for La. Tech.  For instance they went for field goals a lot when I felt like they could have gotten TD’s because our defense was gassed.  

He did and I am glad he over thought it in the end.

• Lovely Take 1

10 minutes ago, Venson said:

Give LaTech some credit. This is a program that believes it can win any game. This is something I think Seth and company are putting the foundation in place for in Denton

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Shhhh...you're supposed to bitch when we lose by a lot, then bitch when we can't come close but lose, then bitch when we only win a few of the close ones, and then shit on a team that seems to CONSISTENTLY find ways to win the close ones.  

That, apparently, is what North Texas fandom is all about...couldn't possibly be about relishing in the wins of a team that we were told was outrecruited, outcoached and likely not a bowl team at the beginning of the year.

Or bitch about people bitching. So, there's always that one too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Shhhh...you're supposed to bitch when we lose by a lot, then bitch when we come close but lose, then bitch when we only win a few of the close ones, and then shit on a team that seems to CONSISTENTLY find ways to win the close ones.  

That, apparently, is what North Texas fandom is all about...couldn't possibly be about relishing in the wins of a team that we were told was outrecruited, outcoached and likely not a bowl team at the beginning of the year.

Self-flagellation and self-loathing. 

UNT fan trademark, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

How about this effing team! what a drive to go down and score that touchdown, with a gutsy all to go for it on fourth in our own territory!

That being said, game ball goes to the D. with multiple calls going against them today, they stepped up and held La Tech to 6 points in the second half.

big game next week to slam the door shut on CUSA West!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, untbowler said:

my bad got ahead of myself. 

How about Destroy UTEP and beat Army

Some fans here will be happy with a 1 point win vs UTEP

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Play calling was atrocious. It has to improve. We've only been saying this for about 22 games now. 

Shhhh.. its only season 2 of the play calling...

• Downvote 3

30 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Some fans here will be happy with a 1 point win vs UTEP

I guess I don't have your level of expertise, but would a one-point win count for less in the standings? 

go ahead and add a one point win against Army and a one point win against Rice. you and Ben and bowler and all the other wannabe football coaches and experts can continue to berate the staff and players when that happens.

I'll just go ahead and pour myself a nice bourbon, look at that 9-3 record and ready my watching plans for the conference championship game

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

26 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I guess I don't have your level of expertise, but would a one-point win count for less in the standings? 

go ahead and add a one point win against Army and a one point win against Rice. you and Ben and bowler and all the other wannabe football coaches and experts can continue to berate the staff and players when that happens.

I'll just go ahead and pour myself a nice bourbon, look at that 9-3 record and ready my watching plans for the conference championship game

Wanna go to Boca? I’m checking airfare.

• Upvote 1