Score Prediction: UNT vs Louisiana Tech - 11/4

AustinFromUNT

According to the Ls they've taken so far this year, our defense has got to keep them below 28 points or they'll explode. 

Instead of looking at the numbers or anything, I'm just gonna replay flashbacks of the last time LA Tech invited us to dance at their homecoming.

Guyton & Co - 35

Woofers - 27

ETA: I'll assume that the offense gets it done, but doesn't learn to win decisively just yet.

Funny how many feel "uneasy" about this game.   Isn't that the way all of us feel about every game?  I mean isn't that just part of the natural psyche of being a fan and follower of Mean Green athletics in general?  

I still think this year's team has a little something something and are not going to let this season slip away like last year. 

UNT - 39

LaTech - 27

Oddly, after a nice win on the road, UNT holds steady at 82 in the USA Today 1-130 rankings, but LaTech jumps +11 spots. 

• Upvote 2

I won't make any predictions about this game because I can't get a feel for this team. I think the offense rolls up big numbers as usual, but I am not sure about the defense. I feel if Reffett sometimes plays zone in 3rd and long and slow down the man to man so much, we could get off the field and win. If he continues man to man and living with the blitz, we lose. Just my thoughts.

• Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

Not feeling great about this game. Wilson doesn't look anywhere near 100% , we've given up 107 points last 8 quarters , 1-6 last 7 road games , La Tech desperately needs a win . 

LT 35

UNT 30 

We beat both both RIce & UTEP.. La Tech takes a loss vs FAU giving them 3 conference losses & we take the west via  tiebreaker 

That's actually very sound logic. 

In which case I'll say 

UNT 42

La Tech 38

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I was feeling less confident about this game a few weeks ago, especially with the FAU debacle, but I think we do finally put together closer to a full game w/o taking 1.5 qtrs off.

I think the team won't be quite as beat up physically and emotionally coming into this game and I don't think LT is as good as I had thought.

Feeling better about this one...

Greenies:44

Doggies: 31

I have been thinking about this game and, in fact, I'm a little queasy.  On reflection, that is probably the flu shot I got today. We are overdue to go off, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say we kick the bull out of the dogs:

Eagles     51

Dogs        42

• Upvote 1