Score Prediction: UNT vs Louisiana Tech - 11/4

AustinFromUNT

This is a pretty big game for this program. Big implications if North Texas wants to take the next step and take over for the West division in the conference game. LA Tech is 4-4 (2-2) right now with conference wins over Rice and WKU. They lost to Southern Miss and UAB. We’re coming off a 45-38 win over ODU that wasn’t nearly as close as the score implied. (- 2 KOR = 45-24) I would be willing to bet big money that we don’t allow a KOR for a TD this game. UNT had a bad game against FAU, but it looks like the defense was able to recover and show great improvement (allowed just over 1/3 of what was allowed in FAU). Give me UNT winning this one 45-34.

Edited by AustinFromUNT
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

This is a pretty big game for this program. Big implications if North Texas wants to take the next step and take over for the West division in the conference game. LA Tech is 4-4 (2-2) right now with conference wins over Rice and WKU. They lost to Southern Miss and UAB. We’re coming off a 45-38 win over ODU that wasn’t nearly as close as the score implied. (- 2 KOR = 45-24) I would be willing to bet big money that we don’t allow a KOR for a TD this game. UNT had a big game against FAU, but it looks like the defense was able to recover and show great improvement (allowed just over 1/3 of what was allowed in FAU). Give me UNT winning this one 45-34.

You're looking forward to the game this Saturday, huh?

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

It will be a shootout. We played about as good as we can at USM after escaping against UAB the week before at home. I suspect it will be the same here, since we hung on against ODU. 

I do think La Tech is the most talented team in the division and they are at home, knowing that any chance of a division title rests in winning there remaining games. 

We win a squeaker—44 to 41.

• Upvote 1

La Tech has a very tough schedule after UNT.  Do we back in as West Division champion if we didn't beat the Dawgs?

If so, is it possible we do not get as good a regional bowl as Division champion? 

Dawgs cant keep up with our high octane  offense.  Maybe Nose Tackle English returns?

UNT............38

La Tech......31

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

UTSA wasn't a big game???

big for early season, but I look at UTEP last year with Bowl Eligibility on the line, drop a fat one, SMU big Rivalry Game dropped a big one, FAU big game to start locking up West drop a fat one. 

This game is big because once again the team can practically lock up the West Title, with 2 remaining opponents last in West 

I see Army coming up as a big game for National Exposure.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

I actually can't figure this team out. I don't think we know which team is going to play week to week. I think the win or loss this Saturday is up to which team shows up. The UNT vs USM or UNT vs FAU. No clue.

Ding ding ding.

It is all going to be about the the 3rd-and-long pass protection this week. LaTech is right there with us when it comes to consistent long passing plays. We exceed them in most every other way, but have been known to let those conversions slide.

The only thing that gives me comfort is that we’re in the same realm in most defensive categories.

Mean Green - 28

Bulldogs - 23

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Prove me wrong team, but feel an FAU type letdown possibility, team has not shown up yet when a big game is present. 

Dawgs 52

UNT 35

13 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

UTSA wasn't a big game???

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

So. Miss was not a Big Game?  Iowa...., UTSA....

A quality opponent on the road, and it's their homecoming game. In past years, we know how this would have turned out. In New Denton, and with this new team, nobody is really sure. If the FAU game is any indication, it won't be pretty. I hope they can prove that their last road game was an aberration.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not feeling great about this game. Wilson doesn't look anywhere near 100% , we've given up 107 points last 8 quarters , 1-6 last 7 road games , La Tech desperately needs a win . 

LT 35

UNT 30 

We beat both both RIce & UTEP.. La Tech takes a loss vs FAU giving them 3 conference losses & we take the west via  tiebreaker 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm with @@UNTSportsFan & @TreeFiddy.   Uneasy feeling about this one.

Of course, it sounds like the fellas over at LATechBBB are not very confident either. They're let down by their all-conference, defensive anchor: Ferguson, similarly to how we're let down by McClain.

I think this game will be high-scoring.

LATech is a wounded dog right now.  They're used to being Kings of the West.  If they don't win this one, they don't have a shot to keep it going.  If we don't start fast offensively, and put the proverbial boot-on-the-throat defensively/Special Teams-ly, LATech will win.

I haven't seen quite enough from the defense, & DEFINITELY not enough from ST's to make me confident in this one.

LATech - 41
UNT - 31

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like everyone else I have not clue on this game.  I saw on the LA Tech board that their special team plays is terrible, guess they have not seen ours.   Since I have no idea on this game I have to go with the Green guys.

45 Green Guys

30 Bulldogs

But as easily be bull dogs 50 Unt 35

Just depends which team shows up Dr Jekel or Mr Hyde.

• Upvote 1