UTSA Player Three Others Indicted for Brawl

greeneagle1

Frank Wilson is certainly building a reputation: Sign with me and you will likely go to jail.  

Morris Joseph Jr, 2017 3 star recruit charged with felony assault

Jaquelle Green, 2016 3/4 star recruit charged with 4 counts armed robbery

Javaris Steward, 2016 4 star recruit charged with armed robbery

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

This week on "Beyond the RoadKill"... 

"How to make a shiv out of a toothbrush and bedspring."

"Best ways to check in with your PO."

"Why robbing the local KFC is counter productive".

And a special report on the proposed widening of the seats at the Alamo dome.

Please submit your own suggestions!

"NutsaCK...When Keeping it Real, Goes Wrong"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I wouldn't be to hard on them. Everybody gets bad apples. We've had a serial rapist, thieves, plenty of DWIs, fighters, ect over the years. I still don't care for their school and awful fans but I'll give them a pass on this nonsense.

Different coaches during that time. Mac was pretty good about vetting his problem cases. Seth is definitely better than that. Wilson has taken their program a few steps back with his criminals. Coker seemed to be a good minded morals coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I wouldn't be to hard on them. Everybody gets bad apples. We've had a serial rapist, thieves, plenty of DWIs, fighters, ect over the years. I still don't care for their school and awful fans but I'll give them a pass on this nonsense.

The difference is that this happened before the season and before he enrolled. We've had dudes try to steal tvs from Walmart(damn you Denton Walmart) but we haven't recruited kids with those issues to my knowledge.

13 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Different coaches during that time. Mac was pretty good about vetting his problem cases. Seth is definitely better than that. Wilson has taken their program a few steps back with his criminals. Coker seemed to be a good minded morals coach. 

Sorry, but your view on Coker is completely backwards IMO. I did not list all the issues that Coker recruited, and there are several. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

Terrible story, sorry to hear about this kid who got beat up on...

but am i the only one who is interested in what a racial epitaph sounds like? 

'Here lays John Williams, this man was an African American.'

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

I want to jump on this bandwagon and curb stomp UTSA at every possible opportunity and call them Thug U and say that their players and coaching staff are dirty (which they totally are, btw), but in this case, it's hard for me to point fingers.  

Didn't we just have a situation where our basketball team was recruiting UNT students to run a prostitution ring? 

Perhaps the difference being that I don't think this kind of thing will get brushed off and further tolerated at UNT while the kid at UTSA will likely get a parade down the riverwalk for getting in such a good hit on the guy while he was down. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

I care that our recruits won’t get arrested for heinous crimes and they actually make it on to the field for real production. 

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

What good is a recruiting class when they're all in prison, unless they're recruiting to be the real life "Mean Machine" ?

Personal Foul.  Missing obvious sarcasm.  15 Yards from the spot of the foul.  This is greeneagle1's and Rduy's first personal foul this thread.  

1 hour ago, greeneagle1 said:

Coker seemed to be a good minded morals coach. 

Coker was well know for recruiting players with legal troubles.  In addition, he knew about the millions in payouts to players over a decade.  

NBC: Coaches Knew About UM Player Payouts: Shapiro

24 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Didn't we just have a situation where our basketball team was recruiting UNT students to run a prostitution ring? 

Did our team?  As a group activity?  No.  Did anyone involved with that get terminated or kicked off the team?  Yes.

That is the difference.  Those UTSA players don't get kicked off.  If they don't play, it solely because their legal problems prevent them from doing so.  No coach is preventing them.  

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I want to jump on this bandwagon and curb stomp UTSA at every possible opportunity and call them Thug U and say that their players and coaching staff are dirty (which they totally are, btw), but in this case, it's hard for me to point fingers.  

Perhaps the difference being that I don't think this kind of thing will get brushed off and further tolerated at UNT while the kid at UTSA will likely get a parade down the riverwalk for getting in such a good hit on the guy while he was down. 

Apples and oranges. One is "assault with a deadly weapon" while the other is "assault with a friendly weapon".

• Haha 3