Redemption???

Moobs

I know there's still a lot of football left to play, but we may be on a crash course for a rematch with FAU in Boca for the CUSA Championship.  If both programs are able to win this weekend, it seems a little inevitable.  FAU plays Marshall on Friday night and is a 9.5 favorite (ESPN) at home.

So would you rather see Marshall or FAU in a CUSA Championship game?  Who are you rooting for on Friday night?

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

I know there's still a lot of football left to play, but we may be on a crash course for a rematch with FAU in Boca for the CUSA Championship.  If both programs are able to win this weekend, it seems a little inevitable.  FAU plays Marshall on Friday night and is a 9.5 favorite (ESPN) at home.

So would you rather see Marshall or FAU in a CUSA Championship game?  Who are you rooting for on Friday night?

Would much rather see Marshall. I don't think we match up with FAU well at all. Frankly, I don't think any team in the conference matches up well with them. That Briles Nascar offense is so hard to stop

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think a focused Mean Green matches up very well against FAU.  

I'm sure they players would LOVE to have another shot at those dudes.    If NT can't beat LATech though, we're going to need help getting there, and we're certainly not going to be hosting.

Would also have English!

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

and we're certainly not going to be hosting.

I think all shots at hosting are gone already.  Especially if FAU wins Friday night.  They're the only undefeated in conference play left and would hold the tie breaker over us.  And if Marshall wins this weekend and eventually goes to the CUSA Champ game, I don't know what the tie breaker is, but I'm guessing it's got something to do with team rankings somewhere and we'd lose that too.

37 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Would much rather see Marshall. I don't think we match up with FAU well at all. Frankly, I don't think any team in the conference matches up well with them. That Briles Nascar offense is so hard to stop

Enjoyed that offense did you?  600 yards rushing without a QB in a bowl game several years ago.  The kid knows how to get production.

• Upvote 1

My heart says Marshall...but my head says FAU. That is based on the old (often) truism..."The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know". Familiarity plus the revenge factor.

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

I want FAU. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I agree.  I bet he'll be healthy by then... would just be a matter of him being up to game-fit after such a long layoff.

I’m sure he could be worked in, even if not in “playing shape” as a guy who would come in for a series here or there...

——————

I would match rather face Marshall... FAU beat us bad and while I would love to even the score, Marshall is a team that has gotten Top 25 votes (and while FAU may get some if they beat up on Marshall).. I feel like Marshall would be a better opponent for the UNT resume, also we avoid the whole we have played that team twice argument that we had about UNT/Army last year.

Im holding out hope that if we can make it to the championship game, we get to hold it here in Denton.

Edited by BTG_Fan1

UNT will play in conference championship game if it:

Wins 3 remaining games  OR

beats LaTech plus either Rice or UTEP OR

loses to LaTech and beats both RICE and UTEP and LaTech loses 1 more game (plays FAU, UTEP, and UTSA after UNT)

There are some postive indicators favoring UNT reaching the championship game, but the team has to stay focused and be ready to play.  Beating LaTech on the road will take a much better effort than we have seen in the last two games.  I am really surprised we are only 3 point dogs this weekend based on the last two performances.

Can't wait for the game.  Glad to hear it is being streamed.

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, diehardUNTfan said:

I would feel much better playing Marshall than FAU.  We took care of business last year vs Marshall 38-21. That would be a fun one! 

This years Marshall team is not that team.. and our defense is not that defense.. but it would still be a solid game I think if we can make it.. 

Agreed, let’s focus on LAT and hopefully we can go 4-0 vs West and UTSA, LAT, UAB and USM

• Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, Moobs said:

I'd take FAU again

17 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Quit thinking about Championship games, and who we’ll play in a bowl.  Please, we must stay focused on La Tech.  We have to beat Tech.

"The Team" must stay focused on La Tech.  "We" are a fan board.  I feel like I can look ahead without consequence.  It even makes it a little fun to discuss potential championship games and bowls. 

I do, however, expect The Team to stay focused on 1 opponent at a time.  They shouldn't be thinking about any team or scenario but La Tech.

• Upvote 3