Coach Butterteeth out at FLA

Harry

That’s what he gets for bowing up to Coach Littrell and wrongly accusing Wheeler like he did.

Who will be his replacement?  Here’s a list of possibles:  

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-coaching-candidates-jim-mcelwain-replacement

Surprised that Kiffin wasn’t on the list.

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s what he gets for bowing up to Coach Littrell and wrongly accusing Wheeler like he did.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-coaching-candidates-jim-mcelwain-replacement

Well said Harry.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

49 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes! And that's the first thing I thought when I saw that he was out. How dare he say that garbage about Wheeler. #18 played here a couple of years at TJC, so I took his trash talk almost personally. Also,  he should be careful what he asks for. My money would have been on Coach Littrell in any kind of fisticuffs. A former fullback at OU vs. Butterteeth? He showed a serious lack of judgment. 

• Lovely Take 1

So word around SEC country is if Auburn goes 0-2 vs GA and Bama, Gus Malzahn(sp?) may be gone too. Tennessee will be looking for a HC. Sumlin has been on the hot seat. Florida now on the market. LSU was a no brainer to fire Coach O before they pulled themselves out of the tank after the Troy loss. They're still not sold on him. Arkansas could be looking  

There could be some big SEC programs looking for HCs. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No way.   I think UF knows better.  And they can have their pick of virtually anyone.   The next coaching job Kiffin takes is going to be a mid-low tier ACC team like Wake, Pitt, UNC.

Fortunately for me, my dyslexia just kicked in.  I thought you'd typed out AAC and I suddenly had nightmares of Lane Kiffin, head coach of YOUR DALLAS SMU Mustangs! 

• Haha 2

Not good news. I want as little coach turnover elsewhere up the chain as possible. The more coaches are moving, the more likely it is someone will be coming after SL. The buyout clause is not really well structured or that dissuasive to any P5 team, and even some AAC teams may feel like they could afford it. UNT needs at least one more season of SL to really turn a corner.

I also think somebody will take a chance on Kiffin if he wins the conference. Think about it: how many qualified ballyhooed youngish coaches are out there for P5 programs to pick up. Not that many. If Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, A&M, Baylor, Nebraska, UCLA, UNC etc all start looking for replacements at the same time, the upper mid levels will get poached, and in turn look to poach teams like UNT. Theres even a non-negligble chance one of those big names could come after SL if they can't get their first choice. How attractive he'll look will depend very much on the rest of the season. Last week might have bought us one more year.

Edited by outoftown
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, diehardUNTfan said:

What happened with Wheeler and the coach? 

Wheeler was accused of dirty play when he fell on Luke Del Rio, injuring his knee pretty seriously.
It just so happened that the week prior, Wheeler injured Matt Davis too.
So McElwain assumed he's a bad guy and vented on him publicly.  Coach Littrell did not take kindly to it.  If you have an iota of a brain & watched the replay, you'd know Wheeler was on his way down while making an effort to tackle Del Rio.  No malicious intent whatsoever.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Fortunately for me, my dyslexia just kicked in.  I thought you'd typed out AAC and I suddenly had nightmares of Lane Kiffin, head coach of YOUR DALLAS SMU Mustangs! 

Well that would be a promotion over FAU and probably more money. Chad Morris era is probably done after how well they are doing. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No way.   I think UF knows better.  And they can have their pick of virtually anyone.   The next coaching job Kiffin takes is going to be a mid-low tier ACC team like Wake, Pitt, UNC.

It won't surprise me to see him coaching at UCF after this season, replacing Scott Frost, who will probably end up at either Nebraska or Florida...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wheeler was accused of dirty play when he fell on Luke Del Rio, injuring his knee pretty seriously.
So McElwain assumed he's a bad guy and vented on him publicly.  Coach Littrell did not take kindly to it.  If you have an iota of a brain & watched the replay, you'd know Wheeler was on his way down while making an effort to tackle Del Rio.  No malicious intent whatsoever.

Wow thats crazy.  Wheeler is the total opposite of a dirty player. I'm glad Littrell stood up for his player!

• Lovely Take 2

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

...or it just so happened that Matt Davis blew out his own knee when he tried to make a cut in the open field and then Wheeler tackled him as Davis fell to the ground.

59 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

...or it just so happened that Matt Davis blew out his own knee when he tried to make a cut in the open field and then Wheeler tackled him as Davis fell to the ground.

I couldn’t recall the details of Davis.  I just remember Wheeler was in on it, & it wasn’t dirty.  Good memory @TreeFiddy

On 10/29/2017 at 9:14 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

So word around SEC country is if Auburn goes 0-2 vs GA and Bama, Gus Malzahn(sp?) may be gone too. Tennessee will be looking for a HC. Sumlin has been on the hot seat. Florida now on the market. LSU was a no brainer to fire Coach O before they pulled themselves out of the tank after the Troy loss. They're still not sold on him. Arkansas could be looking  

There could be some big SEC programs looking for HCs. 

All that is just more evidence that SEC is just out of control with their expectations.   It is like they can't give other SEC programs besides Alabama credit for trying and they look at a non-conference lost like we look a FAU hanging 70 on us. 

If Seth is smart as I think he is, he stays away from SEC jobs for at least 5 more years.   Also I would stay away from irrationally impatient outside the SEC programs Nebraska,  and the Whiny Orange in Austin.   Hopefully he spends all that time with the Mean Green and I don't see a really more attractive situation opening up in G5 conferences.   If he really wins big here, he can name his price at better P5 programs with rational AD and fanbases.  I see him more of a Big 12 coach or ACC coach in the future.