Wilson?

UNTLifer

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Is he injured?  He hasn't been the same since USM. He had limited touches yesterday and Smith had twice as many carries. I am not sure if he even played in the second half. 

He got banged up vs FAU and SL said that post FAU and why he didn’t play much.. ODU the same thing that hampered him vs FAU flared up again 

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Didn’t he fumble the ball three times though? Sure recovering your own fumble is great but you’re still fumbling.

So now people are worried about Jeffery? 

The fumbles are likely tied to being beating up after the UTSA game, then add in him getting injured vs FAU and it flaring up again yesterday.. 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

19 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

So now people are worried about Jeffery? 

The fumbles are likely tied to being beating up after the UTSA game, then add in him getting injured vs FAU and it flaring up again yesterday.. 

Injury or not Wilson has always had fumble issues. Littrell talked about it last year too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

He is flexing his left hand a lot during the game after he gets hit.  I think he has lost some strength in his hand due to the shoulder.  He was barely hit on that fumble.

Thanks for the update.  I kept reading injury, but didn't know what was bothering him.

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

He is flexing his left hand a lot during the game after he gets hit.  I think he has lost some strength in his hand due to the shoulder.  He was barely hit on that fumble.

If you watch the highlights of the UTSA game, he took a hit/dished out a pretty nice hit on the UTSA sideline in 4th I believe and he seemed to favor his left shoulder and came to th sideline (I believe it’s in the UTSA BTG).. FAU he hurt his elbow (I wanna say it’s a bruise) and he played either yesterday or at FAU with a pad on the elbow as well.. 

I want to say Matthew Brune at NT Daily even reported the injury in his post-game article.

Edited by BTG_Fan1

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

If you watch the highlights of the UTSA game, he took a hit/dished out a pretty nice hit on the UTSA sideline in 4th I believe and he seemed to favor his left shoulder and came to th sideline (I believe it’s in the UTSA BTG).. FAU he hurt his elbow (I wanna say it’s a bruise) and he played either yesterday or at FAU with a pad on the elbow as well.. 

I want to say Matthew Brune at NT Daily even reported the injury in his post-game article.

He took a pretty hard hit on the play toward the beginning of the ODU Game right after the Guyton “touchdown” was reversed.  That may have affected him for the rest of the game.  

I feel like it is a mix of both fumbles and the lingering shoulder injury.  I feel like when Jeffrey is in he doesn't get the blocking that Nic gets. Might sound ridiculous because the blockers are the same. Either way Nick Smith looks like a very promising back.  Thankfully we are multi dimensional in the run game. 

Edited by diehardUNTfan