Jump to content

Bowl Projections


shaft
 Share

Recommended Posts

ESPN

Bahamas Bowl

Thomas A. Robinson Stadium, Nassau, Bahamas
Dec. 22, 12:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: North Texas vs. Ohio
Hale: Akron vs. UT San Antonio

 

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl, Dallas
Dec. 26, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Colorado vs. Texas Tech
Hale: Colorado vs. North Texas

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21208979/week-9-college-football-bowl-projections-2017 

 

I think we'll end up at the game in Frisco.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shaft said:

ESPN

Bahamas Bowl

Thomas A. Robinson Stadium, Nassau, Bahamas
Dec. 22, 12:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: North Texas vs. Ohio
Hale: Akron vs. UT San Antonio

 

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl, Dallas
Dec. 26, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Colorado vs. Texas Tech
Hale: Colorado vs. North Texas

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21208979/week-9-college-football-bowl-projections-2017 

 

I think we'll end up at the game in Frisco.

There is almost no way we end up in Frisco...ever.  We would have to be really desperate to go to a bowl game, where only some of our fans that want to go could.  Toyota stadium seats less than we have sent to HOD

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Does it really matter if CUSA is getting a bigger payout/return from the bowl in terms of flight reimbursement? 

Yes.  You want your fans to have a realistic chance at attending. You want an exciting atmosphere that is well attended. The payout on Bahamas is only $450k.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tmjerm said:

Yes.  You want your fans to have a realistic chance at attending. You want an exciting atmosphere that is well attended. The payout on Bahamas is only $450k.  

Who cares what the payout is? We can not and should not be worried about a bowl game.. we need to worry about LAT and hope we don’t have a FAU game.. Get the W then we can start worrying /speculating where we would like to go, but we need to keep winning. 

We all want UNT to be viewed as a winner, and need 2 more wins in 4 games to have a winning regular season and 3 more wins if we wanna finish at worst .500 after a possible CUSA championship bid and bowl game.. the current staff has talked about how it’s difficult to recruit because of the losing history, and back to back bowl games will do a world of good.

When we are winning conference championships like we did back in the NO Bowl run, then we can worry about bowl placement. UNT is a known draw for bowl games (locally) and having 3 in DFW will likely increase the odds we stay and play here.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Who cares what the payout is? We can not and should not be worried about a bowl game.. we need to worry about LAT and hope we don’t have a FAU game.. Get the W then we can start worrying /speculating where we would like to go, but we need to keep winning. 

We all want UNT to be viewed as a winner, and need 2 more wins in 4 games to have a winning regular season and 3 more wins if we wanna finish at worst .500 after a possible CUSA championship bid and bowl game.. the current staff has talked about how it’s difficult to recruit because of the losing history, and back to back bowl games will do a world of good.

When we are winning conference championships like we did back in the NO Bowl run, then we can worry about bowl placement. UNT is a known draw for bowl games (locally) and having 3 in DFW will likely increase the odds we stay and play here.

???? You brought up payout in your previous post responding to me....

I’m getting extremely confused with our conversation....my comments were regarding the bowl games CUSA is associated with....nothing to do with our bowl eligibility whatsoever.  But even if I WERE talking about our likely bowl destinations for the Mean Green I’ll do so because I’m a fan.  The players and coaches can focus on La Tech...I can speculate bowl spots all day long. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Honest question, why are we in love with playing in Dallas?  

It was really cool in 2013 because I don't believe North Texas had ever played in that historic venue.  Last year was ok, becuase at 5-7 you take what you can get.

But why wish to go there again this year?  I would much rathe have the destination of New Orleans or a makeable trip to Tucson or New Mexico.  Bowl games should be like a mini-vacation and a reward for players...playing in a place where you can Uber to is neither

But pool parties & coaches bringing their wives!!!1!!1!

  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, shaft said:

ESPN

Bahamas Bowl

Thomas A. Robinson Stadium, Nassau, Bahamas
Dec. 22, 12:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: North Texas vs. Ohio
Hale: Akron vs. UT San Antonio

 

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl, Dallas
Dec. 26, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Colorado vs. Texas Tech
Hale: Colorado vs. North Texas

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21208979/week-9-college-football-bowl-projections-2017 

 

I think we'll end up at the game in Frisco.

I thought the Frisco Bowl had teams from the American Conference and the Sun Belt.  

  • Lovely Take 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.