LA Tech Game Question

UNT 90 Grad

Does anyone know of you can go back and forth between the East and West side stands at Joe Aillet Stadium?  I might have access to some tickets on their alumni side, but would prefer to come sit with the Mean Green faithful.  (Last time I went to a game at LA Tech, there were some fans that were less than welcoming.)

Since this game could launch us into bowl eligibility and the game is not being streamed*, I'd like to try to go if possible.

*Note:  According to meangreensports.com, this game is not being carried on television or streamed.  LA Tech's website shows that the game will be carried on Stadium, but per Stadium's website, the only C-USA game they are carrying next weekend is the UTSA vs. FIU game.

23 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Does anyone know of you can go back and forth between the East and West side stands at Joe Aillet Stadium?  I might have access to some tickets on their alumni side, but would prefer to come sit with the Mean Green faithful.  (Last time I went to a game at LA Tech, there were some fans that were less than welcoming.)

Since this game could launch us into bowl eligibility and the game is not being streamed*, I'd like to try to go if possible.

*Note:  According to meangreensports.com, this game is not being carried on television or streamed.  LA Tech's website shows that the game will be carried on Stadium, but per Stadium's website, the only C-USA game they are carrying next weekend is the UTSA vs. FIU game.

Not sure on the seating arrangements but I think it may be streamed on Facebook, which I hope is the case. Not entirely sure thou. 

1 hour ago, marcus unuigbey said:

Not sure on the seating arrangements but I think it may be streamed on Facebook, which I hope is the case. Not entirely sure thou. 

Stadium is the group that does the Facebook streams. Unfortunately Stadium doesn’t have this game on their schedule on their website.

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Stadium is the group that does the Facebook streams. Unfortunately Stadium doesn’t have this game on their schedule on their website.

Their website has a link to prweb.com with the schedule. It shows the UNT vs LaTech Game. So does TechCrunch.com.

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/08/prweb14625537.htm

Also, if you go to their Facebook page and click "watch video," it'll play a 50 second video with their Facebook schedule which shows the unt vs LaTech game on it.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Their website has a link to prweb.com with the schedule. It shows the UNT vs LaTech Game. So does TechCrunch.com.

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/08/prweb14625537.htm

Also, if you go to their Facebook page and click "watch video," it'll play a 50 second video with their Facebook schedule which shows the unt vs LaTech game on it.

Well, those links are all posts from August.  If you look at the current stadium schedule, it now shows UTSA vs FIU instead of NT vs LA Tech.  It appears that the schedule changed. 

https://watchstadium.com/schedule/

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

@techdawg88, can you answer this question?

9 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Well, those links are all posts from August.  If you look at the current stadium schedule, it now shows UTSA vs FIU instead of NT vs LA Tech.  It appears that the schedule changed. 

https://watchstadium.com/schedule/

@techdawg88, can you answer this question?

I might be wrong, but there's a difference between their Facebook schedule and regular schedule. If you watch on their website, it requires a $4.99 monthly membership whereas the Facebook page is through a specific partnership with Facebook. I'm going to see if I can send then a message to ask.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

8 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

no you can't.   the two sides aren't connected unless they have changed something recently.

• Sad 1

It's a shame this game is not on DFW channels 27 or 33.  It would get good ratings.

Back in the 80's when UNT played UL-M on TV one Dallas Morning News sports reporter Cathy Harasta made a big deal out of the fact that North Texas had won the time slot when that game was televised.  It was televised on ABC affiliate WFAA Channel 8.

SUMG mailed that DMN blurb to me as we thought it was a pretty big deal  & shot down those who said we couldn't command a TV audience in DFW.  

UNT QB for that UL-M game was Greg Carter of Richland HS near Fort Worth.  We won the game. Hell yeah we did!✅

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Same question for me.   I assume UNT ticket office is selling Tix that seat us all together?

Granted, it's been four years, but last time I was at a LaTech game, if you so much as flashed a mouth with more than 50% of your original teeth and showed minimal effort as to not spill your drink (brought in from outside) on the entry guy, they would let you in the game.  

The two sides might not be connected, but I bet with a little charm and grace, you could gain access to the UNT side with an alumni side ticket.  

Doesn't hurt to at least try. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

(Last time I went to a game at LA Tech, there were some fans that were less than welcoming.)

I went two years ago when LA Tech beat us 56 to 13. 

I sat in the student section so there was an occasional student who was heckling, but nothing was over the line. 

In the fourth quarter, when it was 42 - 0 and the game was well under LA Tech's control, the students started to clap for us when we had a good play, and when we eventually scored a TD, which i thought was classy. 

Several other LA tech fans told me they thought it was cool that i made the trip because the weather was terrible and we were big underdogs. 

7 minutes ago, MattyV said:

I went two years ago when LA Tech beat us 56 to 13. 

I sat in the student section so there was an occasional student who was heckling, but nothing was over the line. 

In the fourth quarter, when it was 42 - 0 and the game was well under LA Tech's control, the students started to clap for us when we had a good play, and when we eventually scored a TD, which i thought was classy. 

Several other LA tech fans told me they thought it was cool that i made the trip because the weather was terrible and we were big underdogs. 

They were pretty pissed off the year we beat them in Ruston.  Wasn't quite so welcoming then.  

I'm gonna chalk that one up to lots and lots of alcohol, and zero expectation that UNT of all people was going to show up in their place and beat them. 

4 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

But I know nothing about Ruston or La Tech, so I like reading all these tips for my trip this weekend. 

If you're making a weekend of it, Ruston is only about an hour in from Shreveport/Bossier, so if you're into games of chance, it's a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone on the trip.  

5 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

If you're making a weekend of it, Ruston is only about an hour in from Shreveport/Bossier, so if you're into games of chance, it's a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone on the trip.  

Well, I'm probably going to be making the trip with my 15 year old son and some of his friends. Games of chance are probably out for me on this trip, but dinner in Bossier on the way back  might be a good idea. Especially if there are any buffets these teen-aged boys can eat the heck out of.