Help Wanted

southsideguy

5 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Large university in Denton, TX is seeking to fill a position as a special teams coach. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to coach players on the Kickoff team.  Somewhere Tommy Perry is laughing.  Why SL let him go I will never know.

Did Littrel let him go? Are you sure about that? We are missing Tommy badly, but I believe Tommy left on his own. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I thought is was a mutual thing but usually means he was ask to leave.  I think Perry liked it in Denton. Regardless SL hired the wrong guy.

They said it was a mutual thing.. 

It has been said that G5 coaches do not like to stick in 1 spot for to long because it doesn't show progress.. So it would make sense that TP asked to leave.. TP was 1 of 2 coaches SL kept from the Mac Staff, and I don't think SL had any issues with TP.. Also the addition of Coach Choice likely may have put some writing on the wall as well for TP.. But I would think that TP would like to get bigger jobs like OC and that down the line, but having 5-6 years as an RB coach at UNT that has many losing years likely doesn't make you appealing for bigger jobs.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It has been said that G5 coaches do not like to stick in 1 spot for to long because it doesn't show progress.. So it would make sense that TP asked to leave.. TP was 1 of 2 coaches SL kept from the Mac Staff, and I don't think SL had any issues with TP.. Also the addition of Coach Choice likely may have put some writing on the wall as well for TP.. But I would think that TP would like to get bigger jobs like OC and that down the line, but having 5-6 years as an RB coach at UNT that has many losing years likely doesn't make you appealing for bigger jobs.. 

So where did Perry go? 

Tommy Perry was treated as an outcast and the writing was on the wall.  Littrel wants nothing to do with anything associated with the 1-11 squad.  Don't think it was really personal, but I guess he wants all his people in here and didn't want to inherit any coaches like Mac inherited Chico.

Littrell is into the small things like image, mindset, attitude, how you practice that week, etc.  The term New Denton is used because 1-11 is old Denton.  

I understand wiping the slate clean, but he blew it with Tommy Perry and his replacement.  He is also blowing it in recruiting and that will keep UNT average at best.  The best move that was made was Guyton.  Without him, this offense would be shut down.  Littrell will need to continue to find Guyton type transfers to keep up his success.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

We need to hire Ekeler back when UNC cans Fedora. 

Not sure. This weeks game was mostly won by the defense. It looks more like last week was the abberation.

Personally I think what needs to change is not the DC, but our talent level and depth on defense and that also means SL needs to put the resources there in form of enough schollies.

By the way how many special teams players other than Moore are currently on scholarship?

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Not sure. This weeks game was mostly won by the defense. It looks more like last week was the abberation.

Personally I think what needs to change is not the DC, but our talent level and depth on defense and that also means SL needs to put the resources there in form of enough schollies.

By the way how many special teams players other than Moore are currently on scholarship?

There are a lot of scholarship players contributing on special teams. Notable plays by scholarship players yesterday on ST: Running back #26 Evans returned a blocked punt for a touchdown and also played extensively on offense. One of our best defensive players #18 Wheeler appeared to blow out his knee during a kickoff return. Darden, #84 and a true freshman returned kickoffs and punt returns and was the leading receiver. There are many other starters playing ST, those are just the starters that I noticed.

3 minutes ago, NT96 said:

There are a lot of scholarship players contributing on special teams. Notable plays by scholarship players yesterday on ST: Running back #26 Evans returned a blocked punt for a touchdown and also played extensively on offense. One of our best defensive players #18 Wheeler appeared to blow out his knee during a kickoff return. Darden, #84 and a true freshman returned kickoffs and punt returns and was the leading receiver. There are many other starters playing ST, those are just the starters that I noticed.

I was more thinking along the lines of punters and long snappers. But good to know the Biagi IS getting the players he chooses

6 hours ago, All About UNT said:

We need to hire Ekeler back when UNC cans Fedora. 

If we did, where and who does Ek replace? Koontz is at LB, Brown has been one of the better recruiters, Yellock has done a solid job.. That leaves Reff and Safetys... 

Thoughts on if GH left and Fedora gets canned.. Fedora come here and call plays?

3 hours ago, outoftown said:

Kensworthy, Durham the LS who blew out his knee @ Iowa.. The Freshman Kicker Zach Williams and maybe the back up LS that is an upperclassman named Jake Davis.

• Downvote 2

21 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yea because special teams analyst at Nevada is above special teams coordinator at NT.

5 hours ago, NT96 said:

That's Evan Johnson, my adopted player, from Lotanger Louisiana, thank you.