I’m Gonna Say It

AustinFromUNT

33 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

That’s a cover photo not a profile picture. Just saying.

Come stand with me in the student section next time.

Cover photo or not, get rid of that blasphemy. 

I support your screaming. I scream on 3rd down. I scream at refs. And I scream at Littrell when we do stupid shit like pass the ball on 2nd and 3rd down when we're trying to ice the game. Or run the predictable inside zone on 4th and 1 and almost always NEVER get it. Or continuously run QB run plays with our 180lb. Or almost anything on special teams and about 75% of the time defense is on the field. Be loud and be proud. And if/when you come to the alum side, keep doing it. If people give you a look ask them if they have a problem. They typically quickly break eye contact and start playing on their phone or awkwardly looking the other direction. So, keep it up and don't stop. Tip: Move to the end zone after you graduate. More lively crowd in comparison to the alum side with 0 looks given. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, LETitFLYguy said:

"Some people" is quite the understatement.  Every single alumni I sit next to cheers their Ass off all game so to call out and entire group of people is busch league.  I know for a fact some of the students sit over there and do nothing but look at their phones.

So the Entire USA doesn't win the lottery, but the vast majority does not, that's the comparison your're making.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The current students are the ones who need to be held accountable. They put us behind the visiting team for a reason, but enough of us can't get loud or stand up at the right times. The last three home games may have been squeakers, but we are undefeated at Apogee and it's no thanks to the non existent homefield advantage we have. You can't blame this on losing either, because I know there's a healthy percentage of upperclassmen who don't even know we went 1-11 two years ago.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! I'm an alum from 2014 so I'm still in my mid 20's but the student section has become unbearable so we bought tickets to the home side.. and christ people, I could have thought it was bingo, (UTSA game BTW). It was incredible how, how should i say this, YAWN, from everyone beside my friends and I, and the annoying looks I received  when we hot loud was crazy.  The football game isn't the opera guys, we can get loud on 3/4th downs and stand

YES! AND WHOEVER DOWN VOTED YOU, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, I'M CALLING YOU OUT PERSONALLY AS A FAN!

Edit with 3 down votes: how many non UNT fans have you brought to games, how, many games have you left without a voice from the 3rd downs?  I sat on the home side for the 1st time ever during the UTSA game and was asked to be quiet and sit down, let it be known I was very civil and just did the yells on 3rd down. This behavior can't stand from the older generation, it's not like there's bear byrant trartion there. If your knees hurt to stand then get a suite or come see me for PT but do not ask me to be quite for me team!

The people that continue to down vote please respond with how to fix the brokenness of our attendance, I am all ears on how to help us.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Or run the predictable inside zone on 4th and 1 and almost always NEVER get it.

We have to get our line improved anough to get these 1-yard plays for 1st downs.  This play has killed drives all year long.  Find one or two guys that can pile drive.  

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

We have to get our line improved anough to get these 1-yard plays for 1st downs.  This play has killed drives all year long.  Find one or two guys that can pile drive.  

I don't like the inside zone. I mean I like it, but I don't like how they use it for almost every short yard attempt. Go stretch zone or get some guys pulling and get our backs on the edge, especially if you know their DL is pinching to stop this inside zone we always run. 

Also, I am disappointed we have not seen Andrew Tucker in there in these situations, or at all. He is IMO the strongest RB and harder runner of all the RB's. And we're trotting out 165lb running back out there at times tonight in E.Johnson. I mean he plays up and runs hard, but if Tucker is available he'd fit this role well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Yeah, how about that awesome student turnout tonight? 

Member when the students filled the lower and upper level of the student side?

I member.

8 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

I don't know if it was just my impression, but I was sitting at the end zone and for the first time since I've attended games I thought the Alumni side was actually louder (especially in the second half) than the student side. 

Yes, that’s because our students don’t give a single shit. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

I don't know if it was just my impression, but I was sitting at the end zone and for the first time since I've attended games I thought the Alumni side was actually louder (especially in the second half) than the student side. 

I sit end zone and I also think the alum side was louder in the 2nd half. The alum side can get loud when the timing is right. Usually at the end of close games and some timely 3rd downs sprinkled in here and there. It's not near loud enough in that place though. If a true 25k were in that venue in a close game vs an opponent like Army in the 4th quarter, it would feel like a real college football atmosphere. Right now, I feel like I'm attending a 3-5 high school team trying to snag a 4th seed in the playoffs to just go inevitable lose in the 1st round. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

That’s a cover photo not a profile picture. Just saying.

Come stand with me in the student section next time.

sat with this dude in student section tonight vs old dominion and had the best time at any unt sporting event I have been to. 

3 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I am sick and tired of the alumni side not doing anything during the game. I am hoarse from screaming after every game and I look over and the alumni side are all sitting down. Get off your butt and cheer on our team.

Right on!!! 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

Keep doing what you're doing Austin.  That said don't expect others to do what you do.  Me personally...I'm just not an over the top loud and rowdy person at sporting events.  It's just me and my personality I guess but it doesn't mean I care any less than anyone else.  

I think of all the things to complain about I think this is right at or near the bottom of the list.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I sit end zone and I also think the alum side was louder in the 2nd half. The alum side can get loud when the timing is right. Usually at the end of close games and some timely 3rd downs sprinkled in here and there. It's not near loud enough in that place though. If a true 25k were in that venue in a close game vs an opponent like Army in the 4th quarter, it would feel like a real college football atmosphere. Right now, I feel like I'm attending a 3-5 high school team trying to snag a 4th seed in the playoffs to just go inevitable lose in the 1st round. 

How much I wish more of our games resembled a taste of the first half environment Apogee had during its first game against Houston. That was a real college fb environment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

How much I wish more of our games resembled a taste of the first half environment Apogee had during its first game against Houston. That was a real college fb environment.

If we can beat Tech and UTEP, I think the Army game on the 18th will make for a great atmosphere. Army is competitive so their support system will come out of the wood work and hopefully we will be 7-3. 

• Upvote 1

I have never understood this point of fans not being loud enough, stand enough, or otherwise just are not into the game enough.   Look at the stands,  with the few that actually attend a game; you want to criticize how they conduct themselves.   

Likewise, if you live relatively close and don't attend the majority of the games, than you should be banned from lamenting about the attendance.  

• Lovely Take 1

45 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Pretty shitty of y’all to talk down to the kid bc he hasn’t been around the program as long as y’all. 

Keep pushing, Austin. Keep challenging your alumni and fellow students. 

Best post of the thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

16 minutes ago, bleedgreen4ever said:

Or Indiana. Or Rice. Or UTEP. Or, hell, Texas Southern? 

Students used to sell out their side and overflow into the wing zone.

I just don’t understand it. 

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

If we can beat Tech and UTEP, I think the Army game on the 18th will make for a great atmosphere. Army is competitive so their support system will come out of the wood work and hopefully we will be 7-3. 

I hope so but historically we've almost always struggled with attendance at the end of the season/before Thanksgiving week. But I hope this time it's a bit better especially if we have a 7-3 record and play a pretty decent Army team.