Built a $78 million stadium

"Get rid of Dodge/Dickey/McCarney and we'll come"

Fired

"Play teams we know and we'll come"

In a conference with THREE Texas teams, and have Army at home

"Win and we'll come"

We have a winning record and control our path to the conference title game

The truth is our "fan"base is a bunch of whiny lil' bitches

Our fan base just doesn't care... It's embarrassing when they show the stands. I am embarrassed. a century of not committing to sports will get you this and we are in the right direction but damn... this!?

11 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

"Get rid of Fouts and we'll come"

Built a $78 million stadium

"Get rid of Dodge/Dickey/McCarney and we'll come"

Fired

"Play teams we know and we'll come"

In a conference with THREE Texas teams, and have Army at home

"Win and we'll come"

We have a winning record and control our path to the conference title game

The truth is our "fan"base is a bunch of whiny lil' bitches

I am afraid even winning might not do it. Sad but true

• Upvote 1

People will start showing up consistently when we make them regret, more often than not, missing the chance to see our games. 

I've been to one game in the past two seasons across all sports. I'm still paying attention, most of the time... But I'm probably not coming back for more than the occasional one-off unless and until I start feeling like I'm missing something. And that hasn't happened so far. 

42 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

People will start showing up consistently when we make them regret, more often than not, missing the chance to see our games. 

I've been to one game in the past two seasons across all sports. I'm still paying attention, most of the time... But I'm probably not coming back for more than the occasional one-off unless and until I start feeling like I'm missing something. And that hasn't happened so far. 

I have been to one game this year. UTSA. I would have been sad to have missed that one. If the family and I were not getting over a cold, I would have tried to have made it tonight, but cannot say that I would have stayed the whole time.

Our fans are no different than any other school. There are just less of them and we play Old Dominion. My wife asked where they were from, and that's the truth about most of our fans. The teams UNT draws well against are teams that people know.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I think of BSU... they slowly built themselves to the crowds they get today by creating a culture of winning... we are a long way from creating that kind of program. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1