Free Kids Tickets

AustinFromUNT

Back in the SMU Mustang Mania days, to get 10,000 kids to an SMU game the Mustangs Promotions Director Brad Thomas (who had a full staff in his department)  almost had to distribute 100,000 tickets.

One time Smooo did that for a Texas Stadium game versus Baylor , but for reserved seats, and there were many duplicate tickets for the same seat, but all showed up.  Baylor fans were getting pushed out of their seats & were (understandably) pissed. 

For a General Admission section like the Wing Section, it would not have assigned tickets per seat so there would be no problems.  It would be first come first served.  Early birds get the worm best seats.

I would love to look at a filled Wing Zone than one empty and I believe most all us who pay for our tickets would too.  Just sayin'...

6 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:
Kids in 8th grade or younger who are wearing a costume get a free ticket. Also, this is one of my favorite graphics.

I called the ticket office.  Kids in costume need to come to Gate 3.  If they are in costume, they will be issued a General Admission ticket from there.   Great promotion.  

On October 25, 2017 at 11:05 AM, smoothfresh said:

At this point in our program kids 8th grade and younger should always be free.  Start them young...$$$ spent on concessions and apparel.  

yup. Gets more butts in seats and even if they don't buy anything they will probably want to come back because how can you not love Apogee 

On October 25, 2017 at 3:18 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

I called the ticket office.  Kids in costume need to come to Gate 3.  If they are in costume, they will be issued a General Admission ticket from there.   Great promotion.  

Wren Baker is doing a phenomenal job. I felt like Villarreal didn't do enough promotions like this. Hope to see these promotions carry on into the basketball season.  

• Upvote 1