Official ODU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Last week I had FAU by a few beause I kind of saw it that UNT had rotten timing to play FAU. That said, I didn't predict for things going nearly as poorly as they did.

The timing for playing ODU is slightly better, but still not good. ODU is about as healthy as they have been and has tendentially been on a slight upward trajectory. At the same time I am still wondering if Fine, Guyton and Wilson are all completely healthy and whether  being thin in the defensive front seven is about to catch up to UNT with a vengance (one of the main reasons I cannot pretend to be patient for English to make his first start). I think the offense will have to carry this one until the defense finds any rythm. This is a better matchup than FAU, ODU has less talent, but I admit I am scarred. I say UNT 33 ODU 31. But I wouldn't be as shocked as I should be at a loss.

Edited by outoftown

We need a convincing win so everyone can go back to being optimistic.  Part of changing the culture is learning how to win and then learning how to handle success. A win will get everyone back on the right foot.  There is not a game on our schedule that we aren't capable of winning. This game will set the tone for the remainder of the year. I expect and embarrassed and pissed off team and feel sorry for ODU. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/26/2017 at 10:25 AM, GrandGreen said:

This is a must win game for NT.

We will find out if the FAU disaster was an aberration or was the 3-0 Western Division record just a team playing way above their talent level. 

If NT doesn't have enough talent and emotion to bound back after a total football embarrassment, than this whole season may be wasted. 

I agree.  I think this is the biggest 1st quarter/1st half of the year.  If the defense can’t get a couple of stops, this thing could unravel fast.

I haven’t seen ODU play at all, but they have just gone through a murderers row of 5 straight tough games (P5, P5, FAU, Marshall, WKU).  We’re the weakest opponent they’ve faced since week 2 and they have to be pumped at coming in against a team closer to their talent level.

I think we’re in for another barn burner.  Last team with the ball wins.