Stadium Seats

sgt206

I've put this off because I don't want to sound like a snowflake but after seeing the stadium at D3 Mary Hardin Baylor, I gotta ask:  How long do we have to sit on bleachers before they'll take fan experience seriously.  I feel like I'm at a lower level high school game.  And don't tell me about seatbacks, they stink too.  Anyone know if they ever plan on putting in some actual seating?

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm the last person to ask about this but I wouldn't think it would be too expensive to add a single or double seat back rail to the existing seat bench.  I bet that was taken into consideration when the bleachers were installed.  But until we have consistently large crowds, nothing will happen. 

Beat ODU

GO MEAN GREEN

1 hour ago, sgt206 said:

I've put this off because I don't want to sound like a snowflake but after seeing the stadium at D3 Mary Hardin Baylor, I gotta ask:  How long do we have to sit on bleachers before they'll take fan experience seriously.  I feel like I'm at a lower level high school game.  And don't tell me about seatbacks, they stink too.  Anyone know if they ever plan on putting in some actual seating?

I haven’t been to a ton of college stadiums, but I’ve been to several.  I’ve never been to one where the majority of the seats weren’t bench style.  Now if you are talking for the premium seats, that’s our club level.  Can you provide a little more clarity on what you think is appropriate and reasonable?

17 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I haven’t been to a ton of college stadiums, but I’ve been to several.  I’ve never been to one where the majority of the seats weren’t bench style.  Now if you are talking for the premium seats, that’s our club level.  Can you provide a little more clarity on what you think is appropriate and reasonable?

I think what sgt206 is inquiring about, and found in many stadiums, are chair type seats(much like the super pit chairs, but a little wider), usually between the 30 yard lines.  Some may go up 30-50 rows, and are usually in the school's primary color.

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

I think what sgt206 is inquiring about, and found in many stadiums, are chair type seats(much like the super pit chairs, but a little wider), usually between the 30 yard lines.  Some may go up 30-50 rows, and are usually in the school's primary color.

So essentially what we have in the club level.  Got it. 

6 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So essentially what we have in the club level.  Got it. 

Sort of.  Same type of seats, but like I said, between the 30 or 40 yard lines, 30 rows up.  These seats would obviously cost more than the bench seats.  I'll try and find a picture for you.

25 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Sort of.  Same type of seats, but like I said, between the 30 or 40 yard lines, 30 rows up.  These seats would obviously cost more than the bench seats.  I'll try and find a picture for you.

Like what Texas has, but up high...

venue-section-103-view.jpg

I guess where my mind is is that I don’t think we are in the minority with the seating we have.  The original post came across to me as though we were behind the times or something.  I’d love premium seating, but as you pointed out, it would come with a price tag. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is this seriuosly a concern?  Lower level high school seating?  I have been to UT, A&M, Baylor, Tech, OU, Arkansas, etc... and have never sat in permanent seats.  The only place I have was old Texas Stadium.  I would bet 99% of college stadiums, all levels, are bench style with no backs.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Is this seriuosly a concern?  Lower level high school seating?  I have been to UT, A&M, Baylor, Tech, OU, Arkansas, etc... and have never sat in permanent seats.  The only place I have was old Texas Stadium.  I would bet 99% of college stadiums, all levels, are bench style with no backs.

We are 1%'s.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Been to Notre Dame games about a dozen times.  You’re sitting on a wood 2X8.  When they expanded the stadium the first time which is about 8 +/- years ago, still only more added the benches.  It’s all a numbers thing that keeps the price down.   I’m sure they could start by retrofitting say, all the seats between the 30 yard lines, (or whatever the limit is for MGC premium seats...) But, is everyone ok with paying more? Ot would you rather see that money go to something else.  

Personally, the bench seats will never bother me.  Might be better if it had a back.  But Long benches are easier for people to pass by you when they want to get in and out of the rows.  Like the ease of room if it’s cold and you bring blankets, etc. 

It’s not like we don’t have options.  If you don’t like the benches, pay a little more for seat backs.  If you don’t like the seat backs, pay more and get the club seats.  Still not happy?  Pay a lot more and get the padded leather (?) seats in a suite.  It all comes with a price tag.  Asking the University to upgrade the seating but not expecting to pay more for those seats is just silly. 

I recall remarking at the last home game that if I were a bajillion dollar donor, I'd pay to at lest get legitimate chairbacks installed on the alumni side.  To me, the sporadically placed chairbacks in what, ten percent of seats, looks kinda weird.  

At least consider the bench backs that SMU has.  As much as I hate to compliment ANYTHING about those smug pieces of excrement, I have to admit that I appreciated the bench backs throughout the stadium.  

Of course, I assume that if we did bench backs on the alumni side, there would be a significant contingency that would find it subpar and classless.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, trud1966 said:

Been to Notre Dame games about a dozen times.  You’re sitting on a wood 2X8.  When they expanded the stadium the first time which is about 8 +/- years ago, still only more added the benches.  It’s all a numbers thing that keeps the price down.   I’m sure they could start by retrofitting say, all the seats between the 30 yard lines, (or whatever the limit is for MGC premium seats...) But, is everyone ok with paying more? Ot would you rather see that money go to something else.  

Personally, the bench seats will never bother me.  Might be better if it had a back.  But Long benches are easier for people to pass by you when they want to get in and out of the rows.  Like the ease of room if it’s cold and you bring blankets, etc. 

I've been to many games there too.  Sitting? Ha.  I think I've had to stand every time I went to a Notre Dame game.  I always found it funny when people did try to sit there was never enough room for everyone and several people were always left standing.