Littrell post game FAU

Harry

1 hour ago, drex said:

So the answer was to charter an airplane and fly it to Florida half empty, but by God we did not take any wives.  Unbelievable.

Is football their business or is it not? Tons of athletes steer clear of family before a match or fight because they want to maintain focus. If the team looked focused that would be one thing but the team and coaches did not appear to be focused at all. When the focus is gone, fans look for reasons why. When twitter has several plausible reasons, human nature.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Is football their business or is it not? Tons of athletes steer clear of family before a match or fight because they want to maintain focus. If the team looked focused that would be one thing but the team and coaches did not appear to be focused at all. When the focus is gone, fans look for reasons why. When twitter has several plausible reasons, human nature.

Can't say that Cr1028.  You can't take an Epic ass historical butt kicking and have questions.  Just be thankful the coaching staff is approaching 0.500 overall.  I paraphrase a response I received earlier base on a comparison offered: [If we are lucky we could be like USM and have Seth go to the NFL after posting a 9-5 record in year 3].  More than that be thankful an FBS program with that has spent millions improving virtually everything around the program can beat FCS teams in that new stadium.  SMU, Houston, UTSA, and Rice alumni aren't "thankful" for beating FCS teams.  I guess they are delusional.  Hey let's schedule 3 FCS games a year to pad our win-loss record?  Who cares if they shouldn't have the resources to really challenge us at Apogee? #OldDenton

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

There was no organized or formal pool party.  The pool was by the meeting rooms.  Some guys took their shirts off and sat on some loungers for a few minutes during a break from team meetings.  As for the wives, except for sharing a room, they were not with the coaches the whole time.  Wives did dinner on their own Friday evening and had their  own activities Saturday morning before leaving for the game.  They didn’t even ride on the same buses as their husbands, and no, they didn’t have their own bus.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, Green Dozer said:

As for the wives, except for sharing a room, they were not with the coaches the whole time. 

I can't think of a single thing that might happen in those rooms that would cause the coaches to lose any sleep.

tenor.gif

Edited by Cr1028
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Can't say that Cr1028.  You can't take an Epic ass historical butt kicking and have questions.  Just be thankful the coaching staff is approaching 0.500 overall.  I paraphrase a response I received earlier base on a comparison offered: [If we are lucky we could be like USM and have Seth go to the NFL after posting a 9-5 record in year 3].  More than that be thankful an FBS program with that has spent millions improving virtually everything around the program can beat FCS teams in that new stadium.  SMU, Houston, UTSA, and Rice alumni aren't "thankful" for beating FCS teams.  I guess they are delusional.  Hey let's schedule 3 FCS games a year to pad our win-loss record?  Who cares if they shouldn't have the resources to really challenge us at Apogee? #OldDenton

To answer your other post as well, questioning is fine but be realistic. Questioning a staff's ability based on a year and a half worth of football when the team went 1-11 is irresponsible. If no progress had been made, fine, but progress has been made. It's also not about getting to .500 or being 9-5 in year 3 but it's about continuing to make progress. The problem is RV has completely affected the way us fans perceive a department should be ran. Fire when progress isn't made or it becomes stagnant. Don't fire when clear progress is made and you're continuing to make progress. Your reactions here are emotional because you spend money on the program. If you were expecting a winning record a year after being 1-11, you need to reevaluate your sports fandom. Those kinds of turnarounds don't happen no matter who you are. We went to a bowl game year 1 which is already unheard of.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

To answer your other post as well, questioning is fine but be realistic. Questioning a staff's ability based on a year and a half worth of football when the team went 1-11 is irresponsible. If no progress had been made, fine, but progress has been made. It's also not about getting to .500 or being 9-5 in year 3 but it's about continuing to make progress. The problem is RV has completely affected the way us fans perceive a department should be ran. Fire when progress isn't made or it becomes stagnant. Don't fire when clear progress is made and you're continuing to make progress. Your reactions here are emotional because you spend money on the program. If you were expecting a winning record a year after being 1-11, you need to reevaluate your sports fandom. Those kinds of turnarounds don't happen no matter who you are. We went to a bowl game year 1 which is already unheard of.

No going to a bowl game at 5-7 with one of those wins coming against a FCS team is unheard of.  No clear progress is being made defensively and that is only side of the ball I advocated firing staff members from (only at the end of the season).  So you tell me why the defensive staff should keep their jobs come season end if no drastic improvement is shown between now and Rice?  If they give up an average of 35+ with teams like Rice and UTEP on the schedule that is unacceptable and that is not an emotional evaluation.  Also I did not expect a winning record I just don't expect to be blown out against rebuilding program like FAU.  FAU's record was 3-9 last year which is not far off from 1-11.   The predominant theme on this board from a slight majority of you reeks of we are "lowly UNT look how bad we been over the years, be patient"   All but one year since 2004 i have read and heard that.  It is old!.... #OldDenton  We ran off one of the most winning coaches in UNT history when he had crap facilities to recruit to.  Do I think Dickey was some great coach HELL NO.  We did give him time to get up and running based on the condition of the program he was recruiting to at the time.  Those excuses are gone thanks in part to Dickey.  Actually without Dickey demonstrating you can win here at the FBS level it is doubtful that we can hire coaches with legitimate resumes coaches like Mac and Seth without paying them hundreds of thousands more the we got them here.

By the way exactly at 0.500 which is the measuring stick is NOT a winning record it is the definition of mediocre.   Jim Harbaugh took over a Standford  team that went 1-11 the previous year.  (According to news stories he is a coach we could have legitimately made an offer to that might have gotten him here from from FCS program San Diego).  In Harbaugh's second season 2008 their worse losses were to No. 15 Arizona State and to No. 6 USC (USC's ranking at the time they played was a legitimate; November 15th).   Yes they had a losing record at the end of the season 5-7.  But I argue that Stanford is academically the hardest school to recruit to in the PAC 10.  When it comes to available resources location and etc we are in a better position to recruit to versus CUSA competition than Stanford was versus Pac 10 competition back in 2007.   And the garbage that was allowed (and documented at USC at least) at other public PAC 10 wasn't tolerated at Stanford.  Neither one of those big losses came close to the beat down we received from FAU.  FAU, not FSU, USF, UCF, Miami, or Florida freakin FAU.  I am absolutely sick of this mentality.  Even if they play poorly (but not Boca Beatdown poorly) the rest of the season I wouldn't be advocating firing the head coach or the offensive coaching staff.  However this nonchalant/patient attitude from half the fans pisses me off more than the actual play.  Because I think that attitude is reflected into the culture of the program.  One winning season since 2004.  Now let look at 2001, 2002, and 2011.  Don't know what those year represent?  I will tell you those are the first seasons of football for FIU, FAU, and UTSA.   All teams we have an all-time losing record against.   And you are preaching patience?  Man if the administrators overseeing those programs where just as "patient" as you are asking UNT Alumni to be we would have another bowl game appearance by default by now.  But hey these upstart programs are not joining  an exclusive (we are above .500 facing UNT) club.  Out of the 13 other teams in CUSA we have an all-time winning record against 2.  ODU can join that non-exclusive "above 0.500 versus UNT Club" next Saturday.  If they do will you be preaching more patience? I mean ODU didn't just jump up to FBS level yesterday.  ODU has a long rich FBS level winning football tradition dating back to when my first grader was in preschool.  SMH

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

No going to a bowl game at 5-7 with one of those wins coming against a FCS team is unheard of.  No clear progress is being made defensively and that is only side of the ball I advocated firing staff members from (only at the end of the season).  So you tell me why the defensive staff should keep their jobs come season end if no drastic improvement is shown between now and Rice?  If they give up an average of 35+ with teams like Rice and UTEP on the schedule that is unacceptable and that is not an emotional evaluation.  Also I did not expect a winning record I just don't expect to be blown out against rebuilding program like FAU.  FAU's record was 3-9 last year which is not far off from 1-11.   The predominant theme on this board from a slight majority of you reeks of we are "lowly UNT look how bad we been over the years, be patient"   All but one year since 2004 i have read and heard that.  It is old!.... #OldDenton  We ran off one of the most winning coaches in UNT history when he had crap facilities to recruit to.  Do I think Dickey was some great coach HELL NO.  We did give him time to get up and running based on the condition of the program he was recruiting to at the time.  Those excuses are gone thanks in part to Dickey.  Actually without Dickey demonstrating you can win here at the FBS level it is doubtful that we can hire coaches with legitimate resumes coaches like Mac and Seth without paying them hundreds of thousands more the we got them here.

By the way exactly at 0.500 which is the measuring stick is NOT a winning record it is the definition of mediocre.   Jim Harbaugh took over a Standford  team that went 1-11 the previous year.  (According to news stories he is a coach we could have legitimately made an offer to that might have gotten him here from from FCS program San Diego).  In Harbaugh's second season 2008 their worse losses were to No. 15 Arizona State and to No. 6 USC (USC's ranking at the time they played was a legitimate; November 15th).   Yes they had a losing record at the end of the season 5-7.  But I argue that Stanford is academically the hardest school to recruit to in the PAC 10.  When it comes to available resources location and etc we are in a better position to recruit to versus CUSA competition than Stanford was versus Pac 10 competition back in 2007.   And the garbage that was allowed (and documented at USC at least) at other public PAC 10 wasn't tolerated at Stanford.  Neither one of those big losses came close to the beat down we received from FAU.  FAU, not FSU, USF, UCF, Miami, or Florida freakin FAU.  I am absolutely sick of this mentality.  Even if they play poorly (but not Boca Beatdown poorly) the rest of the season I wouldn't be advocating firing the head coach or the offensive coaching staff.  However this nonchalant/patient attitude from half the fans pisses me off more than the actual play.  Because I think that attitude is reflected into the culture of the program.  One winning season since 2004.  Now let look at 2001, 2002, and 2011.  Don't know what those year represent?  I will tell you those are the first seasons of football for FIU, FAU, and UTSA.   All teams we have an all-time losing record against.   And you are preaching patience?  Man if the administrators overseeing those programs where just as "patient" as you are asking UNT Alumni to be we would have another bowl game appearance by default by now.  But hey these upstart programs are not joining  an exclusive (we are above .500 facing UNT) club.  Out of the 13 other teams in CUSA we have an all-time winning record against 2.  ODU can join that non-exclusive "above 0.500 versus UNT Club" next Saturday.  If they do will you be preaching more patience? I mean ODU didn't just jump up to FBS level yesterday.  ODU has a long rich FBS level winning football tradition dating back to when my first grader was in preschool.  SMH

If at season's end there are no defensive improvements, heads need to roll. If we lose to ODU, your sentiments will be well warranted. What all of that has in common is waiting for games to be played which is all I'm saying. With the way you speak, it's almost as if SL should be fired because of how bad things might become post FAU game when Saturday morning everybody was singing his praises. All I'm saying is we need to let the games be played. Your reaction is so knee-jerk. Also, why are you bringing up records from 15 years ago? It's about now. It's a new era so there's no need to compare this AD to the previous one. If you judge this AD based on your entire UNT fan experience, you're judging unreasonably. When/if we smash ODU, you're going to realize how ridiculous all of your rah rah rah is.

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

If at season's end there are no defensive improvements, heads need to roll. If we lose to ODU, your sentiments will be well warranted. What all of that has in common is waiting for games to be played which is all I'm saying. With the way you speak, it's almost as if SL should be fired because of how bad things might become post FAU game when Saturday morning everybody was singing his praises. All I'm saying is we need to let the games be played. Your reaction is so knee-jerk. Also, why are you bringing up records from 15 years ago? It's about now. It's a new era so there's no need to compare this AD to the previous one. If you judge this AD based on your entire UNT fan experience, you're judging unreasonably. When/if we smash ODU, you're going to realize how ridiculous all of your rah rah rah is.

The best predictor of future performance is past performance.  The CEO of major Fortune 500 compainies change you don’t dump a stock or go all in on one just because that change.  Historic beat downs by up start rebuilding FAU should not be passed off so nonchalantly.  And rolling up 40 on ODU won’t mean much either.  You should kill a team in their 3rd season of FBS. It is familiar refrain I heard when until the Portland State debacle.  The past 15 season have impact on today.  You can dismiss it but then give the coaching staff today a mulligan because of it.  UTSA fans were pissed and I did not hear talk of “hey we are a young program” as they walked out Apogee.  You show me a fan base that isn’t “knee-jerk” after getting made to look like JV squad to a program with 5,000 fans at thier homecoming and I will show a fan base way too familiar with losing seasons.  I said Seth is a good offensive coach.  The defense has been mediocre at best through season and a half.  And just bad against FBS competition all this season.   Getting a couple stops a game should just come from good effort and athleticism.  So they aspired to be mediocre on a couple of drives so what?  The most important defense play they made all year arguably was UTSA deciding not to go for it on fourth down to kill the game.  I really did not mention the current AD in my comments.  Because I don’t know who made the final call on the wives tag along trip but I don’t really care was just a bad PR move.  Probably did not impact the game.  My support of the Mean Green Club is a joke to many of the fellow alumni  I run across and a few current students.  It seems like we are the Cleveland Brown fan club with all the loyal but none of the passion and demands/accountability  for performance.  Losses a very understandable, a losing season while we rebuild is understandable, not competing in any phase of the game to FAU isn’t.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

The best predictor of future performance is past performance.  The CEO of major Fortune 500 compainies change you don’t dump a stock or go all in on one just because that change.  Historic beat downs by up start rebuilding FAU should not be passed off so nonchalantly.  And rolling up 40 on ODU won’t mean much either.  You should kill a team in their 3rd season of FBS. It is familiar refrain I heard when until the Portland State debacle.  The past 15 season have impact on today.  You can dismiss it but then give the coaching staff today a mulligan because of it.  UTSA fans were pissed and I did not hear talk of “hey we are a young program” as they walked out Apogee.  You show me a fan base that isn’t “knee-jerk” after getting made to look like JV squad to a program with 5,000 fans at thier homecoming and I will show a fan base way too familiar with losing seasons.  I said Seth is a good offensive coach.  The defense has been mediocre at best through season and a half.  And just bad against FBS competition all this season.   Getting a couple stops a game should just come from good effort and athleticism.  So they aspired to be mediocre on a couple of drives so what?  The most important defense play they made all year arguably was UTSA deciding not to go for it on fourth down to kill the game.  I really did not mention the current AD in my comments.  Because I don’t know who made the final call on the wives tag along trip but I don’t really care was just a bad PR move.  Probably did not impact the game.  My support of the Mean Green Club is a joke to many of the fellow alumni  I run across and a few current students.  It seems like we are the Cleveland Brown fan club with all the loyal but none of the passion and demands/accountability  for performance.  Losses a very understandable, a losing season while we rebuild is understandable, not competing in any phase of the game to FAU isn’t.   

Rainbows and butterflies, man. Keep your realism and well warranted criticism off the board. IF YOU WANT TO BE CRITICAL OF THE COACHES, GO BE CRITICAL TO THEIR FACES!!! YEAH, THAT'LL SHOW EM. IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER, WHY AREN'T YOU COACHING!!!! BOPPITY BOP BOP BOP BS. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

There was quite a bit of change in the defensive coaching staff over the summer.  Reffett named full time DC, new linebackers coach, and new DLine coach.  With that said, they need to get their $hit together and starting figuring some things out because at the moment they defense is the weakest unit on the field.

23 hours ago, Green Dozer said:

There was no organized or formal pool party.  The pool was by the meeting rooms.  Some guys took their shirts off and sat on some loungers for a few minutes during a break...

Does not sound like a pool "party" to me at all.  Don't know who started the pool party thing, but most guy's definition of a party involves girls, drinking, and/or music.  

• Upvote 1