Littrell post game FAU

Harry

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

"Pool party and wives trip maybe?"  anyone else think Brett was dying to ask about that but knew it was inappropriate?

Not relevant...I doubt the wives were anywhere near their hubs.  They deserve the trip.  That deal needs to be put to bed. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Not relevant...I doubt the wives were anywhere near their hubs.  They deserve the trip.  That deal needs to be put to bed. 

Completely agree.  If wives want to go on the road to a game they should and it should not be brought up here.  Nothing to do with this outcome.  Leave the spouses and family lives private.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Not going to click on anything video media this week, it'll make me nauseated. I was on the way home and listening to SL on the radio a bit and he said, "This is a learning experience." Well, whatever that means. 

I wish SL would show this kind of passion...

HTTP2Nkbi5ibGVhY2hlcnJlcG9ydC5uZXQvaW1hZ

I know not all coaches have this in them and not all players can handle this kind of intensity, but timely defensive timeouts and one of this pep talks on the sideline to the group can be very effective. But, nope, we just let the  "Lane Train" keep rolling right over us. 

A team often takes on the personality of their coach. Well, SL has been here on campus for almost 2 years and his personality in my opinion is not transferable to the football field. He's to nonchalant when it matters and just too reserved for my liking. He's not a CEO, it's OK to let a little verbal frustration out on your guys when they are fooling off in execution on the field. Light one under them! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 15

2 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Completely agree.  If wives want to go on the road to a game they should and it should not be brought up here.  Nothing to do with this outcome.  Leave the private lives private.

It is relevant maybe not to the outcome but perception.  I forked out MGC money this week but I didn't expect a conference road game to be turned into a "perk" for spouses.   And if I had shelled out big money I would be even more skeptical.  Not a good look for a program always pleading poverty (justifiably pleading poverty no doubt but little comfort for those who donate and saw this performance)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

6 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Completely agree.  If wives want to go on the road to a game they should and it should not be brought up here.  Nothing to do with this outcome.  Leave the private lives private.

If it was privately funded, then it's private. And then I can get on board with that. But this has all but been confirmed that this wife trip was paid for on behalf of the athletic department. Maybe from the collective group of "private funds", but not directly by any means. And therefore, I almost have to assume there was collaboration on behalf of the athletic adminstration and coaching staff in a collaborative effort to make time for meet and greets, dinners, etc. etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

If it was privately funded, then it's private. And then I can get on board with that. But this has all but been confirmed that this wife trip was paid for on behalf of the athletic department. Maybe from the collective group of "private funds", but not directly by any means. And therefore, I almost have to assume there was collaboration on behalf of the athletic adminstration and coaching staff in a collaborative effort to make time for meet and greets, dinners, etc. etc. 

And why in the middle of a good season building momentum do you take a PR risk like this?  It is stupid.  At bigger programs where football more visible they are burning the coach in effigy right now just from the score let at lone news about a road trip being used as perk for spouses.   This coaching staff hasn't won anything yet.  They are 9-11 overall and 6-6 in conference over 1.5 seasons.  The DC should probably be fired.   And on paper it looks like lost the 2016 recruiting battle in our conference and in the process of bring up the rear in 2017 recruiting battle.  

Seth is a proven offensive coaching mind that is separate from all this.  But head coaching requires more than just than.  All these issues point to a young staff and maybe the AD not understanding the  difficulty of getting this program where it needs to be.

I am all for treating the families of these coaches and other staff well.  But there are better times and places for that than a mid-season road conference game in Boca Raton after the biggest regular season win for this staff.

I would much rather be talking about a 14 point or less hard fought loss with a few X & O mistakes and some bad calls.  I expect that 3 to 6 times a year.  I don't expect for my alma mater to be a punchline Sunday morning or Monday morning at work.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 8

I saw his after game remarks differently. He has brought up several times the defenses inability to get off the field. Looking in his eyes and hearing him say that says to me that at the end of the season, there will be a coaching change. Brown may be gone too because he was the only assistant that they didn't pay over 100k this year and that says a lot.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

And why in the middle of a good season building momentum do you take a PR risk like this?  It is stupid.  At bigger programs where football more visible they are burning the coach in effigy right now just from the score let at lone news about a road trip being used as perk for spouses.   This coaching staff hasn't won anything yet.  They are 9-11 overall and 6-6 in conference over 1.5 seasons.  The DC should probably be fired.   And on paper it looks like lost the 2016 recruiting battle in our conference and in the process of bring up the rear in 2017 recruiting battle.  

Seth is a proven offensive coaching mind that is separate from all this.  But head coaching requires more than just than.  All these issues point to a young staff and maybe the AD not understanding the  difficulty of getting this program where it needs to be.

I am all for treating the families of these coaches and other staff well.  But there are better times and places for that than a mid-season road conference game in Boca Raton after the biggest regular season win for this staff.

I would much rather be talking about a 14 point or less hard fought loss with a few X & O mistakes and some bad calls.  I expect that 3 to 6 times a year.  I don't expect for my alma mater to be a punchline Sunday morning or Monday morning at work.

Agreed. It was a bad decision. There must be something in the water filters in that athetlic department. 

I mean the wife thing or whatever you want to call it is really just the tiny tip of the iceberg. I mean the over 800 yards of offense, 8-0-0. Ocho-nada-nda. That is the thing that irks me.

Imagine being at work and having every client, constituent, partner, investor etc. etc. watching you do really, really, really, poor at what you do. Like a clueless amount of poor. Like an incompetent incomprehensible amount of realllllllyyyyy shitty. Not sure what kind of leniency you have, but I would no doubt be given a pink slip by day's end if I was this kind of "productive" at work. Only in this profession is it consistently overlooked until the pressure is unbearable. 

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

I saw his after game remarks differently. He has brought up several times the defenses inability to get off the field. Looking in his eyes and hearing him say that says to me that at the end of the season, there will be a coaching change. Brown may be gone too because he was the only assistant that they didn't pay over 100k this year and that says a lot.

At the end of the day, it's not going to matter. It's like 'firing' your black jack dealer in vegas because he keeps giving you inept cards. Until you can dictate your cards a little better, no DC can make water into wine. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Agreed. It was a bad decision. There must be something in the water filters in that athetlic department. 

I mean the wife thing or whatever you want to call it is really just the tiny tip of the iceberg. I mean the over 800 yards of offense, 8-0-0. Ocho-nada-nda. That is the thing that irks me.

Imagine being at work and having every client, constituent, partner, investor etc. etc. watching you do really, really, really, poor at what you do. Like a clueless amount of poor. Like an incompetent incomprehensible amount of realllllllyyyyy shitty. Not sure what kind of leniency you have, but I would no doubt be given a pink slip by day's end if I was this kind of "productive" at work. Only in this profession is it consistently overlooked until the pressure is unbearable. 

At the end of the day, it's not going to matter. It's like 'firing' your black jack dealer in vegas because he keeps giving you inept cards. Until you can dictate your cards a little better, no DC can make water into wine. 

True. At the end of the day, he is the HC.  He has to make the decision the reign in the DC on some of his calls. He has a headset and knows what he is calling. That's what good head coaches do. They reign that fella in.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I am sure the wife thing is not a thing at all, and should be forgotten. 

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

I am sure the wife thing is not a thing at all, and should be forgotten. 

Oh, you know? No Friday night board walk dinner and drinks, early morning breakfast, etc.? If you're withholding information we'd all love to hear. Otherwise, it was in fact a tweeted out thing by some of the wives themselves, and then a confirmed tweet by our athletic director. So it in fact was their yearly thing, if nothing else, according to the athletic director himself. #SmallTime 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 14

I brought this up to @Venson but I’ll put it out there for everyone.. 

We all can agree if that FAU was likely the best spot on the schedule in terms of road trips.. with that being said if they do this to be around their families, or whatever reason. why not do this over Thanksgiving weekend? 

This game was important and it’s not like all of a sudden it was important in the past week. It was know 3 weeks ago on the bye.. UTSA and FAU were critical games for UNT.. Yes, I understand family is important but there are times you don’t change it up and they changed it up for a VERY important game.. We just have to hope the team can adjust and fix the many problems from tonite

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Oh, you know? No Friday night board walk dinner and drinks, early morning breakfast, etc.? If you're withholding information we'd all love to hear. Otherwise, it was in fact a tweeted out thing by some of the wives themselves, and then a confirmed tweet by our athletic director. So it in fact was their yearly thing, if nothing else, according to the athletic director himself. #SmallTime 

That is not how it works I do know. 

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Did you see pics of coaches out with them too? Legit curious. 

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm pretty sure you'd beat your dog if you thought it barked like a sissy. 

Oh, I'm sorry. Let me tamper my 69 point expectations down for you. Excuse me. 

1 minute ago, tmjerm said:

No. Not at all. Let's not let this overshadow the 804 yards of offense and 69 points, shall we? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

4 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

If the wife’s went on the trip and It was billed as them joining the coaches, why wouldn’t they go out to dinner and that with the coaches? 

If the wife’s don’t see the coaches, then why go to FAU of all places (and on the same weekend) and not go to Miami or Hawai’i or some place else?

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

If the wife’s went on the trip and It was billed as them joining the coaches, why wouldn’t they go out to dinner and that with the coaches? 

Because no one wants to admit the obvious without "proof". That is why. 

It's obvious that this trip was looked at as some kind of vacation by some. There is glowing picture of just that on this thread. But people want dinner pics. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10