Why is Fine still in

El Paso Eagle

With all the respect this is nothing more than Seth trying to pad Mason’s numbers. This way Seth can look back and talk about how he’s such a quarterback coach. I think Mason is a great kid but there’s no reason he should’ve been this game in the fourth quarter. Risking him to makes his numbers look better is complete and other idiocy. If I was Quinn I would take avenge of a graduate transfer next year. Would hate to see him go but looks like he’s going to get no chance whatsoever

• Upvote 3

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I'm starting to think the coach/player lines are blurring with them. It's becoming a Mac/Mini Todge/Rodge situation.

Are you implying a Bromance ?? :)

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I'm starting to think the coach/player lines are blurring with them. It's becoming a Mac/Mini Todge/Rodge situation.

I wonder if a potential recruit might look at this and have second thoughts?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen01 said:

I need to remind coach Littrell and GH about STD!! First, don’t be “Selfish” with putting his team at risk of injury to pad his productivity! The “Toughness” and “Discipline” wasn’t there either. 

They were selfish by allowing someone else to tackle guys, Toughness to withstand that beating and disciplined to not lay out any cheap shots 

• Upvote 1

Reasons you'd pull your starting QB:

1. Your starter has not solidified his spot, is playing poorly, and you want to see if the other guy can outplay him in live-game action. 

- Not the case here 

2. Your starter is nearly/is the single reason your offense can't move the ball.

- Didn't play well but that can be said of nearly the whole team

3. It's a blowout and you want to get your younger QB some reps.

- Well, it definitely was a blowout, but he is your young QB who you want to get reps. In a year if this happens, it would probably be a good idea to get the. RS Freshman Cade Pearson some reps.

4. The game is out of hand and you don't want to risk injuring your starter.

- Hey, could've pulled him based on this line of thinking but we chose to roll the dice here. 

In conclusion, we got the youngest scholarship QB on our travel team as many reps as we could, he stayed healthy, and during no point in this game would pulling him had raised our chances of winning.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

18 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Reasons you'd pull your starting QB:

1. Your starter has not solidified his spot, is playing poorly, and you want to see if the other guy can outplay him in live-game action. 

- Not the case here 

2. Your starter is nearly/is the single reason your offense can't move the ball.

- Didn't play well but that can be said of nearly the whole team

3. It's a blowout and you want to get your younger QB some reps.

- Well, it definitely was a blowout, but he is your young QB who you want to get reps. In a year if this happens, it would probably be a good idea to get the. RS Freshman Cade Pearson some reps.

4. The game is out of hand and you don't want to risk injuring your starter.

- Hey, could've pulled him based on this line of thinking but we chose to roll the dice here. 

In conclusion, we got the youngest scholarship QB on our travel team as many reps as we could, he stayed healthy, and during no point in this game would pulling him had raised our chances of winning.

Reason 5 your starter  is already banged up  and the game is out of hand and you want to give him some rest and send a positive signal to your backup. That one would have completely applied

Fine stayed healthy, but that is the bad kind of hindsight. He might not have. If  Fine goes down on a meaningful play I get that, its part of the game. If we lose him due to being stubborn when down 45... lets just say that I personally would say such an injury would be on SL

Also Fine doesn't need more reps as bad as he needs to be completely healthy. He already has a very good grasp of the offense.

Edited by outoftown
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, outoftown said:

Reason 5 your starter  is already banged up  and the game is out of hand and you want to give him some rest and send a positive signal to your backup. That one would have completely applied

Fine stayed healthy, but that is the bad kind of hindsight. He might not have. If  Fine goes down on a meaningful play I get that, its part of the game. If we lose him due to being stubborn when down 45... lets just say that I personally would say such an injury would be on SL

Also Fine doesn't need more reps as bad as he needs to be completely healthy. He already has a very good grasp of the offense.

Very specific, but that falls under number 4.

It sounds like you just really get irked by playing key guys in blowouts and risking them getting injured when the game has already been decided. That's valid. It just seems to me like many in here are frustrated at the game and are looking at anything to be upset about. 

I think Littrell deemed it more important long term, both the rest of this season and beyond, to get Fine more reps and maybe even trying to get him in a groove to regain some offensive momentum heading into next week. I think it worked about as well as we could've hoped. 

Given that Fine and the offense closed out the game decently, I just think there are a lot more places to direct one's ire at then saying that Fine COULD have been hurt by staying in. Hopefully our offense and Fine got back on track at the end and can parlay that into next week before the game is out of hand.

• Upvote 4