The Next North Texas Daily Headline

MeanGreen_MBA

Do they have a tarmac in Boca for Lane to get left on? 

2 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

UNT Fails to continue momentum from UTSA game.

See, here's the thing.  If I were you, and I were going trolling on an opponent's message board, I'd probably do some research.  Find some dirt on the coaches or players.  Peruse message board conversations and figure out historical inside jokes.  Just saying, "You're gonna lose," is well, frankly, disappointing. 

Welcome to the board, and I mean that genuinely.  I'm worried about this weekend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

See, here's the thing.  If I were you, and I were going trolling on an opponent's message board, I'd probably do some research.  Find some dirt on the coaches or players.  Peruse message board conversations and figure out historical inside jokes.  Just saying, "You're gonna lose," is well, frankly, disappointing. 

Welcome to the board, and I mean that genuinely.  I'm worried about this weekend. 

It's a silly headline topic...chill out my friend.  Just having fun, don't think any of my comments have been trolling just trying to get a little conversation with this weeks rival.  What would the tone be if you didn't pull out the "miracle" last week?   Give me some idea why last week was so big, maybe biggest in school history?  Is USTA that big a rival to you?  Certainly something to be proud of and be very happy to win like that, but why such historical in nature?   You guys have been playing for a long time I can't believe that was the biggest win of all time?  If we had the same result, I don't think we would list it as one of our biggest wins of all time.  Tell me your story.

Just now, FAU Connoisseur said:

It's a silly headline topic...chill out my friend.  Just having fun, don't think any of my comments have been trolling just trying to get a little conversation with this weeks rival.  What would the tone be if you didn't pull out the "miracle" last week?   Give me some idea why last week was so big, maybe biggest in school history?  Is USTA that big a rival to you?  Certainly something to be proud of and be very happy to win like that, but why such historical in nature?   You guys have been playing for a long time I can't believe that was the biggest win of all time?  If we had the same result, I don't think we would list it as one of our biggest wins of all time.  Tell me your story.

UTSA hasn't been around very long at all.  There are more than a few here who don't think they have earned their way into this conference. 

Back in 2013, they beat us at home and took the division championship from us.  

Compound that with their fans (and their players) have, well, they haven't exactly been scholars from the university of Miss Manners.

In the short time we've been playing each other, we've come to rather loathe them.  

Most of us thought that we'd lost yet again with 3 minutes left last Saturday.  In that miracle drive finish, we took that god forsaken Roadkill Runner monkey off our backs for a year, put ourselves in the driver's seat for the division championship, and done it in John Elway "The Drive" like fashion.  

It was beautiful. 

4 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

There we go! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

98 yds, no time-out, 1:07 on the clock........TD for the victory against the team that was picked to win the West, and possibly the conference.  we were picked as an also-ran......  That doesn't happen very often....

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Woah, woah, woah.  UTSA didn't take that conference championship from us.  They have never won one.

It's more like they slapped it out of our hands and then Rice swooped in and ran off with it.  

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

UTSA hasn't been around very long at all.  There are more than a few here who don't think they have earned their way into this conference. 

Compound that with their fans (and their players) have, well, they haven't exactly been scholars from the university of Miss Manners.

In the short time we've been playing each other, we've come to rather loathe them.  

Most of us thought that we'd lost yet again with 3 minutes left last Saturday.  In that miracle drive finish, we took that god forsaken Roadkill Runner monkey off our backs for a year, put ourselves in the driver's seat for the division championship, and done it in John Elway "The Drive" like fashion.  

It was beautiful. 

Fair enough, FIU or the other F_U as you guys may like saying have a silly fan base.  They started their program 1 year after us; have a similar type University and are 40 miles apart and they don't consider us their main rival!!   They think University of Miami is!!  I am not even sure UM knows that FIU is a 4 year university.  But whatever, we are 10-5 all time vs. them and anytime we beat them no matter how the season is going its makes the sky a little brighter.

I think FAU and UNT are very similar programs right now; honestly I think we both could meet again in the Championship game, but the fact of the matter is in the back of our mines I think we both aren't sure what kind of teams we really have.  I am expecting we will have some bumps in the road, but you know if we win out we host the Championship game.  Even if we lose to you and then win out I think we host it.   But it is much more fun to watch a win instead of just writing the W in on the schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

think FAU and UNT are very similar programs right now

Except for the fact UNT is in #NEWDENTON, not some crappy old water front town in the state of retired people......who wants to go to school in Boca???

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Except for the fact UNT is in #NEWDENTON, not some crappy old water front town in the state of retired people......who wants to go to school in Boca???

you see that I am being a bit sarcastic.....would want to hurt your feelings or anything...

22 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

you see that I am being a bit sarcastic.....would want to hurt your feelings or anything...

Funny...that Boca is long gone, about the same time that the Golden Girls went off the air.  It's a pretty young affluent community actually.  Not to say we don't have our retirees, but what is wrong with having retired millionaires everywhere?  Yeah that waterfront is awful, Coach Kiffin bought a $2million dollar home on the water.  Its just awful to have his boat behind his house like that.

• Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

UNT Fails to continue momentum from UTSA game.

That's the perfect response on a message board. Congratulations for being better than 99.9 percent of opposing fans. That made me laugh. Simple, classy and straight for the throat. Totally not happening but great post.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Funny...that Boca is long gone, about the same time that the Golden Girls went off the air.  It's a pretty young affluent community actually.  Not to say we don't have our retirees, but what is wrong with having retired millionaires everywhere?  Yeah that waterfront is awful, Coach Kiffin bought a $2million dollar home on the water.  Its just awful to have his boat behind his house like that.

I would move there in a heartbeat if I had a reason to....

1 hour ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

You guys have been playing for a long time I can't believe that was the biggest win of all time?  If we had the same result, I don't think we would list it as one of our biggest wins of all time.

I think you're misunderstanding where our excitement lies. Last week's win was the most notable/biggest win at Apogee (which has a rich history dating back to 2011). Easy to see how that could be confusing to an outsider. 

Anyways... I like our chances against your one-dimensional offense. It will be fun to watch y'all try to stop ours. GMG!

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

i thought the sub headline bit was funny... 

1 hour ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Hey... 

I don't know if you heard yet... 

but, umm, Fat Joe left Atlantic...

• Haha 2

Most NT students will see the name Florida Atlantic and have no idea what that term even means. The NT Daily will probably think we just beat an airport team out of Boca Raton/Palm Beach.

We have no business being in a conference together. Never have. They should be playing in an eastern version of the SBCUSA and we should be playing in a conference of Western SBCUSA teams. Nobody brings any fans to each other's stadiums, each other's fanbase don't care or don't know about the other one, and we are a full time zone away from each other. I cannot wait for the day when F_U, ODU, Charlotte, WKU, and even Marshall aren't on our ledger for conference games. Much rather be playing Arky State, Texas State, ULL, Troy, and NMSU than any of them--at least they can bring fans and we can drive to those games. 

I'd love this setup and think it could very well occur in the next 10 years:

NMSU, UTEP, UTSA, Tx State, Rice, UNT, La Tech, ULL, Arkansas State, USM, UAB, and Troy.

Other side can be Appy State, Marshall, WKU, MUTS, USA, FAU, FIU, Charlotte, ODU, Georgia State, Ga Southern, and Coastal Carolina.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

Fair enough, FIU or the other F_U as you guys may like saying have a silly fan base.  They started their program 1 year after us; have a similar type University and are 40 miles apart and they don't consider us their main rival!!   They think University of Miami is!!  I am not even sure UM knows that FIU is a 4 year university.  But whatever, we are 10-5 all time vs. them and anytime we beat them no matter how the season is going its makes the sky a little brighter.

I thought the FIU Miami “rivalry” stemmed from this:

• Upvote 2