DRC: Report -- Star FAU wide receiver reinstated for UNT game

Brett Vito

5 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Mr. Gottlieb and I have different expectations for "doing the right thing."

That guy is a treasure trove of quotes.

Sun Sentinal: Suspended FAU WR Kalib Woods no longer on house arrest

“It’s a bar fight,” Gottlieb told the judge. “There are several individuals who punch and kick these victims. I think the state’s going to have a very difficult job attributing the injuries solely to my client. 

---

“They’re recommending, as I understand it, perhaps a one-year suspension,” Gottlieb said. “So I don’t expect him, at this point, to be back on school campus any time soon.”

I guess that suspension got changed when they realized they might win the East?

In case anyone how minor/major the injuries were:

Sun Sentinal:  FAU WR Kalib Woods pleads not guilty to two felony battery charges

Muckle told police he was knocked to the floor and then stomped on by Woods “as well as others that were involved.” According to a police report, Reese suffered a broken jaw and later underwent surgery to repair it, including wiring it shut. Muckle spent five days in the hospital due to internal bleeding, he told police.

Sound pretty bad, what could have lead to all this mayhem?

The conflict stemmed from a foul during a basketball game over a year ago, Reese told police. Muckle told investigators that Woods previously used Twitter to threaten to assault him. 

I don't know, sounds bad, but what if Woods was just defending himself..?

Police obtained surveillance video from The Venue in February and “saw Kalib strike Adrian and Stephan several times with a closed fist. Stephan and Adrian were kicked several times while laying defenseless on the ground. Adrian and Stephan didn’t attempt to punch or kick Kalib during the entire incident.”

Well at least FAU is sticking to their guns...

“We are aware of the matter with Kalib Woods,” an FAU statement said. “He was suspended from the team … and will remain suspended pending the outcome of the charges.

... or not.  

Could work in our favor if he hasn't practiced with the team in some time... won't be in lock-step with their offense possibly.... but the whole things seems fishy to me, and an act of desperation knowing they are facing the mighty UNT. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like the NCAA should have a mandate that if a player in any sport is in a pending criminal investigation, then they can’t play until it’s resolved. FAU shouldn’t hold the only criticism here, the NCAA should as well. They make examples of programs when it’s only convenient for them. 

Talk about billy bad ass too, what kind of a man kicks some one while they are down. If you’re gonna make open threats to someone, you fight em like a man, not a chickenshit 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I feel like the NCAA should have a mandate that if a player in any sport is in a pending criminal investigation, then they can’t play until it’s resolved. FAU shouldn’t hold the only criticism here, the NCAA should as well. They make examples of programs when it’s only convenient for them. 

Talk about billy bad ass too, what kind of a man kicks some one while they are down. If you’re gonna make open threats to someone, you fight em like a man, not a chickenshit 

I am in no way defending him, but what if it goes an entire season through the process and he is innocent, does he get a year of eligibility back? Just wondering. 

5 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

...but the law says you're presumed innocent until proven guilty.    

• Lovely Take 2

14 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I am in no way defending him, but what if it goes an entire season through the process and he is innocent, does he get a year of eligibility back? Just wondering. 

Then that sucks. They initially suspended the kid 6 games and then they said.....ah oh well. At least stick to your guns

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

...but the law says you're presumed innocent until proven guilty.    

When it’s blatant assault and he’s on video, and picked out by kid that was assualted, then I guess “Sucks to be you”

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

That guy is a treasure trove of quotes.

Sun Sentinal: Suspended FAU WR Kalib Woods no longer on house arrest

I guess that suspension got changed when they realized they might win the East?

In case anyone how minor/major the injuries were:

Sun Sentinal:  FAU WR Kalib Woods pleads not guilty to two felony battery charges

Sound pretty bad, what could have lead to all this mayhem?

I don't know, sounds bad, but what if Woods was just defending himself..?

Well at least FAU is sticking to their guns...

... or not.  

Does not seem to be a fan of the color green

Edited by TreeFiddy

3 hours ago, Withers940 said:

That would just open the door for the dispicable universities to pay off people to make false claims and whatnot against players from opposing schools.