Watching FAU/NT game this weekend

untcampbell

Thanks....I am on espn.com/watch on my computer. The schedule only shows ESPN and ESPN2 for Saturday. Do you have to go to the app to see it, i.e watch it on your phone vs. computer? Old man technology-challenged begging your guidance! 

Edit: I went to my IPad, downloaded ESPNWatch and ESPN3 is there. Thanks. And it will be shown at Sunday, 8 am Sydney time, for those of you in Australia!

GMG

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Hopefully there aren't any region restrictions.  A VPN may come in handy

This x 1000. You may want to test streaming with some other random games right now to make sure it works. I wouldn't be surprised if it blocked you due to location and that you'd have to use a VPN to get around that.

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

A VPN.  Untcampbell wanted me to ask the techies what a “VPN” is.  I’m just the go-between.

Virtual Private Network.  Technology that allows you to connect into another network over the internet and then use that network's resources as if you are physically on that network including its Internet gateway.  So, you could VPN into your company network and if its Internet gateway is in Dallas, then when you connect to Internet sites they think you are in Dallas instead of where you really are.

2 minutes ago, keith said:

Virtual Private Network.  Technology that allows you to connect into another network over the internet and then use that network's resources as if you are physically on that network including its Internet gateway.  So, you could VPN into your company network and if its Internet gateway is in Dallas, then when you connect to Internet sites they think you are in Dallas instead of where you really are.

Got it.  Thanks.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:01 PM, dmaxel said:

I have some VPN sites that I could suggest (they're cheap and can be bought for only a month at a time), but I'd only post them if that doesn't break any rules.

Tried to watch Memphis/Houston last evening and had epic failure. Can I get those VPN recommendations, dmaxel, or anyone else. 27+plus hours to game time!

Thanks, and....

GMG

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

Tried to watch Memphis/Houston last evening and had epic failure. Can I get those VPN recommendations, dmaxel, or anyone else. 27+plus hours to game time!

Thanks, and....

GMG

No one has since said that it's against the board rules, so...

I have personal experience with PrivateInternetAccess. They've been solid for me, and cheap. That'd be my first recommendation. I have also heard a ton of good things about NordVPN. Give those a shot and see if they help. You could hypothetically try to look for free VPN providers, but those are usually pretty terrible in quality, performance, and trustworthiness.

• Thanks 1