Seth Littrell on with Dale Hansen

Harry

Dale acting like North Texas is in a foreign land & acting as if he knows so little about us.   Hellsbells!  He used to send his money up to Denton since his daughter is a UNT grad & I believe his son is too.  

Dale reports whichever way the sports wind blows & that hasn't been a Norte Tejas wind too many times in the past.   Of course, we have to accept our share of the blame for that, too.   SMU & TCU do not get much Channel 8 air time either best I recall.  I rarely watch local network news or sports but spend more time watching movies on The Dish.

STILL......10 winning seasons in a row; every game sold out forcing us to put that expansion on the student side where its built for such; some P1 wins that gets us national attention then who knows where our ship ends up.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, trud1966 said:

Dale is stale and corney.  But, he had a huge part in exposing SMUt.  So I’m willing to let him hang around as long as he wants.   

Yes, it was Dale and a kid who played for the high school in the Brazoria County town I was born---Angleton.  That kids name was David Stanley--an SMU linebacker.  I think David was the first SMU player whistle-blower.  Gosh!  That DP went all the way to the Governor's Mansion in Austin with the guy who signed the bill that changed us from NTSU to UNT, one Bill Clements.

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I don't really know of many people in the entire world that are more full of themselves than Dale Hansen.   Like, he's on the same level as Rocket Man in N.Korea & Mariah Carey.   Can't stand the guy.

11 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

Dale is a viral star for his sport takes. Well admired by my younger generation.

Believe me,  he is well aware of what he's doing when he puts those hot takes out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It looked/sounded like Dale felt like he was wasting his time talking to Littrell.  

I remember when Todd Dodge first came to UNT, and Dale asked him--in all seriousness--whether Southlake Carroll wouldn't beat North Texas in a head-to-head matchup.  And he looked incredulous when Dodge laughed and said no.

• Upvote 1

I like the air-time we have gotten the past few days, from CBS 11 doing something with Joe Greene, Hansen and this, and then I believe CBS 11 just did something with Fine, Rico, Lawerence (I missed it, if anyone has it)...

A lot of the radio/TV alumni were tweeting about the game, and hopefully us tweeting at them as well got them to notice UNT.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does UNT have a buyout clause should OU come a'callin'?  If so, how much?

19 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It looked/sounded like Dale felt like he was wasting his time talking to Littrell.  Backhanded comments, bust his balls about OU, etc...   

Agree.  

Should we ask why Hansen never got a national network job offer?

GMG!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Agree.  

GMG!

OU won't come calling,  they just hired their man & he's not going anywhere.
Coach Bro seems to be turning it around out in Lubbuttocks as well.
With UNT paying Littrell a cool $Mil/yr, I doubt he goes to a MWC/AAC school either.  He'll hang around here until he can find a P5 offer that works for him.  

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Agree.  

GMG!

I believe he's got a pretty big buyout clause if I remember correctly. Something like $1.5 million if he's hired after this season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Coach Bro seems to be turning it around out in Lubbuttocks as well.

They blew a huge lead against WVU, and if they don't beat Iowa St this weekend they are in real danger of not getting bowl eligible.  IF they can't, Coach Bro is on a VERY hot seat, the big donors are restless.  

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

They blew a huge lead against WVU, and if they don't beat Iowa St this weekend they are in real danger of not getting bowl eligible.  IF they can't, Coach Bro is on a VERY hot seat, the big donors are restless.  

They were ranked going into that game though.  Tough to take an Air Raid to Morgantown and win since their HC is a Don of the offense.
They should be OK VS IASt./KSSt/Baylor/TX to get eligible.  At least they get TCU at Jones.