My Sports App shows FAU as 3 point favorites.

KingDL1

6 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I think the only time we've been a favorite this year was against Lamar, and I'm honestly not even sure there was a line on that game.  How's that goin' for ya' there, Vegas? 

Seemed like we were 13 point favorites against UAB but I could be wrong

7 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Anyone with any insight on how good FAU really is?

I can't figure them out. They've beaten MTSU, ODU and FCS Bethune Cookman. 

They had a tough non conference with Navy and Wisconsin. And they lost to Buffalo a middle of the road MAC team. 

Maybe MTSU is their best win? (They won at Syracuse) the loss to Buffalo doesn't look so hot. 

They seem to have a good running game which has generally been our strength defensively. But they've put up some points since their first 2 games  defensively they've done a decent job against MTSU and ODU, I think they run some spread  

I have no idea what to expect. I would say this game worries me a little

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

According to vegasinsider.com, opened at -6 and has moved down to -3. 

I would have felt better against their run game if English would have been back for UTSA.  Even if English plays this game, which I think is doubtful given the fact he was still in a walking boot for UTSA, he is not likely to be the dominant player we are hoping for.  It will take several games to get back to 100%.

• Upvote 1

FAU lost to Buffalo, [who beat  Army], on the road. I agree with THECOLONYEAGLE. This game scares me.The spread would be even on neutral site. My son lives a few miles from their campus, so I have been to a few games.Their attendance has been very poor in the past, but make have changed with new coach.

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

According to vegasinsider.com, opened at -6 and has moved down to -3. 

I would have felt better against their run game if English would have been back for UTSA.  Even if English plays this game, which I think is doubtful given the fact he was still in a walking boot for UTSA, he is not likely to be the dominant player we are hoping for.  It will take several games to get back to 100%.

We were also without Sid Moore. Not sure on his status.

9 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Seemed like we were 13 point favorites against UAB but I could be wrong

I've never thought to look up past lines before.  I see on some weird British betting site with a funny internet accent that we were indeed quite heavily favored over UAB (-417 moneyline), but I don't see a point spread.  They might not do point spreads on that side of the pond.  Too much flavor and improper and whatnot. 

i watched the highlights from the ODU vs FAU game.  The qb ran for four td's.  In a play similar to what we saw against UTSA.  I don't think they are a big passing team but like to run the football.  It is hard to tell from the video but we might be a little quicker then them.  they also have a good running game.  We should be able to pass on them and the ODU back had some big runs against their defense.  This is the important game of the year for this week.

oh yeah on the ghost town forum of FAU one guy did make a comment about fine being small and only weighting 175 lbs.  I love the other teams/fans keep thinking this and they say he can't run the ball.

I have to react my statement, i was going to owl website through the CUSA board.  They are more active then I gave them credit for.  I hope I did not ruffle their feathers.  I sure FAU fans showed up in large numbers to support their superior team and website.  My prediction for this week FU 50-mean green guys 0.  I have predict the last two games as loses so I am going to predict we lose again.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I've never thought to look up past lines before.  I see on some weird British betting site with a funny internet accent that we were indeed quite heavily favored over UAB (-417 moneyline), but I don't see a point spread.  They might not do point spreads on that side of the pond.  Too much flavor and improper and whatnot. 

According to this thread, we were eventually favored by 13 over UAB:  

8 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i watched the highlights from the ODU vs FAU game.  The qb ran for four td's.  In a play similar to what we saw against UTSA.  I don't think they are a big passing team but like to run the football.  It is hard to tell from the video but we might be a little quicker then them.  they also have a good running game.  We should be able to pass on them and the ODU back had some big runs against their defense.  This is the important game of the year for this week.

oh yeah on the ghost town forum of FAU one guy did make a comment about fine being small and only weighting 175 lbs.  I love the other teams/fans keep thinking this and they say he can't run the ball.

I have to react my statement, i was going to owl website through the CUSA board.  They are more active then I gave them credit for.  I hope I did not ruffle their feathers.  I sure FAU fans showed up in large numbers to support their superior team and website.  My prediction for this week FU 50-mean green guys 0.  I have predict the last two games as loses so I am going to predict we lose again.

Who do they have at QB? I haven't looked at the FAU stats yet?

How is McNeal the WR doing? I can only image the Guyton/McNeal combo that could have been :(

• Upvote 1