Thoughts from last night

emmitt01

2 winning seasons (give or take) every 10 years & I am almost shocked we have the attendance base that we have.  I will die never understanding why we here in Texas where football is King don't fill this stadium every game but.....oh well.

Can you imagine how dramatically attendance would improve when its 8 winning seasons out of 10 years around here with a few impressive P1 wins (like Troy over LSU few weeks ago) but like  untcampbell said in another thread:  "It's just who and where we are right now." 

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

this game Saturday at FAU could potentially determine who hosts the CUSA championship game.

Yep would be great to get the W in FL, but one good thing is that UNT is mostly done with the “likely” challengers (with LAT/FAU) being the only real tough conference games left.

Marshall last 3/5 weeks maybe the tough set of games in the conference with the easiest team they have remaining being MTSU.. FAU has it easier than Marshall and they haven’t played H2H yet.. 

• Upvote 1

I never left my seat, but I was cussing the team, the program, the university, you name it after that failed 4th down.  I hated that a 7 year old program was about to go to 4-1 against us.   Swore that I was done buying season tickets.  Even told the wife and she just patted my leg and told me to shut up.

Then the improbable bomb to Lawrence and the ridiculous jail break blitz call by their DC and suddenly we pulled it out.

I think what we have here is the greatest collective reverse jinx in UNT history.  The players and coaches should thank us all for bailing them out.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I've left a few games early because I had someplace to be or was getting terribly sunburned, but have only given up and left early twice. The first time was in the mid 90's against Oregon State. The second was last night. It is me, I am the reverse jinx. You're all welcome.

Last night was mostly a math error on my part. I though that even if they just took a knee we would receive the punt with maybe 25 or 30 seconds remaining. I didn't want to run out of beer too early so I drank some of my wife's wine before the game. I blame that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Even told the wife and she just patted my leg and told me to shut up.

My wife has done the same thing with me many times after I rant about everything wrong with a UNT program ... it must be hard being the wife of a die-hard Mean Green fan     :-)

• Haha 1