Thoughts from last night

emmitt01

I am willing to pitch in for a plaque/sign that can be placed in the grassy area just north of Victory Hall near the dumpster that can commemorate where the group of non-believers were standing when the team was busy inside the stadium winning the game.

It might have to be a pretty big sign though.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I am willing to pitch in for a plaque/sign that can be placed in the grassy area just north of Victory Hall near the dumpster that can commemorate where the group of non-believers were standing when the team was busy inside the stadium winning the game.

It might have to be a pretty big sign though.

I'm sorry, did you just attempt to lecture me on loyalty?  

Now that is some comedy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

By staying till the bitter end, regardless of the outcome you give yourself bitching rights over others. My wife use to complain staying till the end when the game was obviously out of reach. I told her, " it gives me bitching rights"!

I tend to agree when I am actually at a game.  I'm not gonna exactly defend myself, since I should have been listening in, but it's easier to bail when you're several states away and expecting a loss,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

1) I owe this team an apology.  After staying in my seat until the end to see the "Miracle in The Desert", staying in my seat to see the improbable North Texas win in Lubbock in 1999, and staying in my seat til the bitter end of countless soul crushing losses...I walked out on my team after we failed on 4th down late in the fourth quarter.  I had to listen from the parking lot as the PA guy announced our improbable final drive.  That is gonna sting for a looooong time.

2) Jeff Wilson averaged 5.2 a carry...and had 16 carries.  We should have given this man the rock more, especially when they were teeing off on Mason.  They were clearly stacking the box so I know it woulda been tough sledding...maybe a few more "Dickey Draws"?

3) Guyton...8 catches for 182 and 2 TD's.  The man is a star.  

4) With that said, I really hope Tyler Wilson, Darden, Lawrence or Bussey emerge with a big time game soon.  They are all doing a great job, I just want one of them to have the kind of game that makes opposing DC's lose sleep because they can't consider doubling Guyton.   And, speaking of receivers, did Rutherford completely fall from grace?

5) The defense still needs to tighten up.  Far too many UTSA conversions on 3rd and long.  This has been an issue all season, and the game will come where Mason and the offense can't just outscore people.  

6) We made mistakes that allowed them to stay in this game.  Bad snaps led to missed extra points and killed drives.  Without them we would have been down 2 late in the  fourth and a field goal could have won it...so no need for that miracle drive.  We also kept drives alive with penalties (one in particular was a complete BS pass interference).  We also allowed a long pass where not one, not two, not three, but four North Texas defenders didn't bother to look back for the ball...and could have picked it off.  And don't get me started on the UTSA fumbles that we recover if we just fall on te ball instead of trying to scoop it up.  They are garbage and we let 'em off the hook!  If you wanna crown their asses, crown 'em!

7) Watching their fans file out while being serenaded by our students chanting "It's a long 4 hour drive...down I-35" was strangely satisfying.  Still...

8) It was depressing watching them file out of 50 yard line seats on our alumni side.  We HAVE to do a better job of filling that stadium.  That isn't on the AD, they put forth a great effort, this is on us.  Each of us needs to do everything we can to entice friends, family, neighbors, disenchanted alums, and anyone else into that stadium.  I even vote that the university declares the parking lot alcohol free beginning at kickoff.  We need North Texas fans in those seats...this team is doing everything they can to make this season special and they deserve our support.  

Tyler isn't with the program anymore unfortunately. 

i am wondering if the wind was bad on the field.  We were strongest in the 1st and 4th qtr and off the 2nd and 3rd qtr.  UTSA was on the 2 qtr and 3rd qtr. UTSA was off the 1st and 4th qtr. I just wonder if was really windy down on the field? Did Smiley play last night?

Edited by southsideguy

We all have that game of shame where we disbelieve, act the fool, overconsume and the list goes on.  It’s all good because the Mean Green will score again win again Create amazing memories again.  

I was surprised San Antonio didn’t travel as good as they did the first time they were in Apogee. Overall still an electric atmosphere. 

A couple of more takeaways: it is funny looking at the scoreboard and feeling frustrated We only have 22 points - where’s our usual 37 or 45!

This is San Antonio’s first taste of adversity.  The polish is dulling On that shiny new object.  It will be interesting to see how they respond.  

Keep Rising!

GMG

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, NM Green said:

We all have that game of shame where we disbelieve, act the fool, overconsume and the list goes on.  It’s all good because the Mean Green will score again win again Create amazing memories again.  

I was surprised San Antonio didn’t travel as good as they did the first time they were in Apogee. Overall still an electric atmosphere. 

A couple of more takeaways: it is funny looking at the scoreboard and feeling frustrated We only have 22 points - where’s our usual 37 or 45!

This is San Antonio’s first taste of adversity.  The polish is dulling On that shiny new object.  It will be interesting to see how they respond.  

Keep Rising!

GMG

Agreed with having people going from disbelief to making memories.. hopefully this has some people decide to come back to see what happens next time.. 

We need to go on the road and get a W vs FAU and LAT and the team has a solid case for not being doubted again... I think most of us before the year would have taken 3 wins from UAB, UTSA, LAT,USM

• Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Agreed with having people going from disbelief to making memories.. hopefully this has some people decide to come back to see what happens next time.. 

We need to go on the road and get a W vs FAU and LAT and the team has a solid case for not being doubted again... I think most of us before the year would have taken 3 wins from UAB, UTSA, LAT,USM

Im pretty sure 95% would have taken a split on those four games.  

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

Could be worse..

They're already breaking out the sacks in San Antonio.

UTSAcks

5129fe10b1fbdf801380ea4272be9384.jpg

In fairness, I think that's because they are NutsaCK supporters and they are ashamed of what they are. Not because they lost.

Side note,  the predictive text on my phone now recognizes NutsaCK without me having to type it.  #success

• Haha 5