The Jeffery Wilson Block

Harry

that was an insane block from the tail fin I thought Fine was going to get blown up for sure and then Wilson comes out of no where to nail this guy. 

I did not know it was Wilson at the time but it was very nice to watch and this clip does not give the full credit this block deserves 

If he continues this production, and he can keep pass blocking like that.. the only issue for him and the NFL is weight (which they are likely to be able to fix/figure out a plan for)... Pass-pro is the biggest issue for college RBs, and Wilson has done a great job.. Pressure is on Nic Smith to follow Wilson 

Jeff, keep it up big man.. time to eat vs ODU/UTEP/Rice and Army... scary to think of what he can do in the upcoming games 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

that was an insane block from the tail fin I thought Fine was going to get blown up for sure and then Wilson comes out of no where to nail this guy. 

I did not know it was Wilson at the time but it was very nice to watch and this clip does not give the full credit this block deserves 

Oh, you were still in the stadium?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

That was in the third I only missed 2 minutes of the game from inside the stadium. 

The last 1:07 was the most important part of the game.  If anyone left early, they missed one of the finest moments in Mean Green history.  In 27 years of following the Mean Green, I’ve never left a game early. Tonight it paid off.  I got to witness pure Mean Green magic. 

• Upvote 5

I told you guys he was bigger, and stronger, and faster this year.

Incredible dedication in the weight room and at the training table. He has been listed at 190 both these last two years, but in reality he was playing at 180 most of last year.

This year he is about 205, and actually faster, and stronger.  You could really see the effects on the several big blocks he made on an NFL caliber defensive lineman on Saturday.

I loved Guyton's block on that last play. Honestly if Guyton doesn't make that block, its a different story.

Gotta give love to the O-Line too.

UTSA has a good defense, and they had their work cut out for them with as many blitzes as UTSA was bringing.

Pushing and Pulling all night. Great effort.

19 minutes ago, Venson said:

Damn. I remember them filming this movie at UNT when I was student. Even got in it as an extra for $50 a day. LOL

The actor who played Flat Top and was knocked out in that scene is Tom Whitenight, a Dallas insurance businessman, who played with Troy Aikman at UCLA.

IMG_2383.JPG.77a0949bc8242469a24b45ad6029ace6.JPG

The props guys cut out spaces in the facemask clips on Tom's helmet so when Peter Tuiososopo hit him the mask would come flying off, then he had to bite a blood pill.  It only took two takes as I recall because Tom told Peter "Hit me and hit me hard so it'll look good", and he did.  They knocked the shit out of each other for that scene.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1