Time to frick'n go, I have had enough suck for one night

KingDL1

Turned over on downs! I had enough and I want to beat traffic.

I am so pissed off, I tap John on the shoulder we are in the wing Harry and Chris are next me, John lets f'ing go. I hate UTSA, I hate their ugly Halloween colors. I hate they are even in our conference.  Harry and Chris - I am gone

I was simply pissy at this point. I hit the walkway full speed and I am nearly to the car when I hear North Texas last time out on the PA and roar from the stadium. What what what is this?

Holy Shit I better get the radio on.

Pissyness fading fast.

Fine Starts Moving the ball on the radio, and the roar from the stadium supporting the play by play.

Pissyness completely gone could feel the momentum overwhelming me.  Giddiness (is that a word) and nervous energy have me swimming in my own head

I look at John, then notice Emmitt and TXStranger are there. 

Boom to their 30.

Spiked ball 

Some discussion at the truck.

It is getting blurry now it seems like destiny is taking over.

All I can hear and focus on is "Fine hit as he throws..... caught 15, 10, 5 touchdown.  Did I stroke out and go to heaven?

High fives all around, I think Emmitt does a back flip. Not really sure at this point if I am still part or reality. 

The tailgate just above us has the game on the TV, Emmitt and TXStranger bee line to it.

Harry calls me to tell I should not have left we just took the lead. 

Crazy Night 

Fine is as tough as they come, if he stays healthy he will destroy every QB record North Texas has I hope our OLine gets better fast.  

Starting to believe this can be a very magical 12-2 season. 

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

Will you learn from this experience, though?

Frankly, I grade his fan performance out very high. Made a poor decision in a high leverage situation, but overall you have to keep it all in perspective and realize this is just one step on the road to @KingDL1 being a better fanbase husband and father. 

I was so mad at the 4th down call i took two steps and told everyone around me i was leaving...then i realized we had 3 time outs....i said maybe the d can get a stop so ill stay but the whole d series i am so mad about the 4th down call.... THANK GOD I DIDN'T LEAVE....the next few minutes were the most fun i have ever had as a NT fan. WOOOOO GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I was so mad at the 4th down call i took two steps and told everyone around me i was leaving...then i realized we had 3 time outs....i said maybe the d can get a stop so ill stay but the whole d series i am so mad about the 4th down call.... THANK GOD I DIDN'T LEAVE....the next few minutes were the most fun i have ever had as a NT fan. WOOOOO GO MEAN GREEN!

Same here! Had two buddies leave right after that, my dad was leaving for the exit and I grabbed him on the shoulder and said, "Just wait and see". Sure enough it turned into a jaw dropping ending

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacksondf said:

I did the exact same thing.  Left after missed 4th down conversion.  Listened to the last drive on the radio.  Sick to my stomach to miss it.   Lesson learned. 

At least I recorded it. 

I am just glad I was still next to the stadium when I jumped to turn on the radio and not a couple minutes later and I would have been on the road. I would have likely wrecked my SUV if I tried to drive and listen to the end of that game.

13 hours ago, GM1998 said:

I was watching the game on my phone. I got a call from another member on the board that was on the verge of beating his dog, kids, wife, and in no discernible order who was as upset as i was. In Houston, i was 2 mins behind on ESPN 3 all day. It didn't mean much all day. But in the final mins, it was everything. I thought all hope was gone. We talked thru the first few plays. It seemed pedestrian, but then the long ball... I couldn't believe we had a chance... I had to talk my buddy off the ledge that this was another north texas season where we lost the base and disappointed the true fans. Then the impossible happened. We connected a pass, Mason Fine heroically stood his ground and completed a pass for a touchdown in the closing seconds. I was elated. My kids and I jumped up and down. All was right with the world. Unfortunately not many noticed, but as a UNT fan I do not care. I love the win and I love those who brought it to us.

GMG. Thank you for bringing a ray of sunshine into my life.

We all can be heros, even if it is just for one day.

I love this post.

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

This is why I never leave until the Alma Mater is played. The only exception was for self-preservation at that horrible frozen game at Fouts...maybe WKY? I remember that even after retreating to the Deck it was still unbearable.

riecy.jpg

• Upvote 1