Report from Apogee

Harry

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

UTSA fans very aggressive in bathroom.  Bowed up after using stall.  I got an unprovoked “3-1 Biatch” when simply trying to wash my hands.  Tension.  Stay focused.  GMG

Probably best I am not there. Not much tolerance for that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

Embarrassing crowd.  I feel bad at how hard the front office worked to get people there and they don't come.  Seems like student attendance was better a few years ago

Takes more than a week or two to get more people out to these games.  Years of winning will probably be what it takes.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

UTSA fans very aggressive in bathroom.  Bowed up after using stall.  I got an unprovoked “3-1 Biatch” when simply trying to wash my hands.  Tension.  Stay focused.  GMG

Go find him and let him know it is now 3-2, same as their record this year. So much for 11-0. 

• Upvote 1

Attendance filled in later in the 1st quarter.  What seemed odd to me was how empty the Hill was with frat and sorority tailgaters.  Odd, but crowd did fill in much better after the start.  Still smaller than it should have been considering all the hard work put in to get rears in the seats.

• Upvote 2

TX OU is a killer of casual fans just a fact. People can ignore it but creams us every-time. 

We  were lucky to have 15,000 in the stadium, I sat in the tail and it was sad how horribly empty both sides were for fair weather day against a conference foe

Weather wasn’t an issue, and besides, true fans come out to support their team in good and bad weather. I’m sure some went to the OU/TX game but I really hope they won’t in the future. If people on this board wasn’t there tonight, “and could have come”, please make it a point to be at the rest of the home games. This team really deserves the support for what they’re doing! Also, recruits come to these games and would like to see a nice crowd. It really could make a difference in their decision. 

Tonight was truly amazing!  So happy and proud to be apart of this board and the MeanGreen nation!

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Weather wasn’t an issue, and besides, true fans come out to support their team in good and bad weather. I’m sure some went to the OU/TX game but I really hope they won’t in the future. If people on this board wasn’t there tonight, “and could have come”, please make it a point to be at the rest of the home games. This team really deserves the support for what they’re doing! Also, recruits come to these games and would like to see a nice crowd. It really could make a difference in their decision. 

Tonight was truly amazing!  So happy and proud to be apart of this board and the MeanGreen nation!

Go Mean Green

This quote may be key, the way this game went down and no doubt the buzz it is likely to stir up. Just may kick start our attendance.

Beat FAU!

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

BS. Support your school!

It is just that simple.  Simply too many students and local alumni to excuse the relatively poor attendance for a winning team.  All it takes is about 25% student support and 20% local alumni support to pack Apogee.  That is not overwhelming or even a particularly passionate support percentage especially in football crazy Texas.  Hell between the 2 to 4 games in Denton every week 30,000 football fans attend games in Dental every Friday night. 

Remember the piece that Wren Baker put out a few weeks back to show alumni donations? Basically, for every 3800 alums of UNT in the DFW area, 1 donates to the AD...that’s what he is facing. He is giving it his all, and someone will notice...unfortunately, it might be the President of a school higher up the food chain to lead their AD. 

Its always going to be tough here. After our last bowl victory, with a program going  in the right direction seemingly, with a very positive head coach, and SMU on the Home schedule, we saw a DROP in season tickets holders as we went into 2014. And we fell back, then crashed and burned and we were back to ground zero. Even with the progress of last season and the solid start so far, the reality that the UNT community isn’t that supportive is just something that will be there until we prove otherwise.