Is Wing Zone Almost Sold Out (although other seats available)?

PlummMeanGreen

If so that would be a glorious first---

The official site chart already indicates more fans in that section than for the Houston Cougars game grand opening; that is, if I'm reading it correctly.   As always, I stand to be corrected.

27,000 plus fans? 

If good walk up sales tomorrow-----a sellout?  :wow:

NEVERTHELESS........LEAVE EARLY FOR THE GAME! 

Weather-wise.....suppose to be a good 10-15 MHP breeze so that will help.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

22 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

We can only hope the students show up. I feel bad that when I was a student we never made it in the gate. Had too much fun on the hill from time to time..

To use the oft' used word "culture".....I don't believe our "student culture" is there yet.  Just need more winning seasons per decade, that's all.

To be honest, I'm surprised at the fan base UNT has been able to sustain thru some not very successful football seasons.  Shows me we have a hungry fan base like these ladies below silently screaming:

GIVE US MORE WINNING FOOTBALL SEASONS WITH AN OCCASIONAL P-5 WIN, TOO! :Damn:

Just sayin'...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, meangreen_2015 said:

Keep in mind guys that is the TM host-site, where we control availability and inventory. We just released more online and still have a long way to go. For more accurate availibtility you need to reference the TM site and the Mean Green sports site 

Currently we have 16,000 seats accounted for (which does not include students, UNT band, UTSA band, etc.) but based on the information we have I'd guess in total we get between 22,000-23,000. Depending on the walk ups we could eclipse 27,000.

UNT AD Wren Baker was shooting for 10,000 UNT students for this game which would make that attendance a quick 26,000 not counting other groups. 

Of course, if 10,000 UNT students claimed their tickets, how many friends do10K students bring?  

We are going to have a great crowd already, but would be nice if we could set some turnstiles records on the Student Side and overall attendance. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Don't want to get all  scientific and all, but the tickets already sold with anticipated UNT student attendance in a stadium like Apogee which has outstanding "crowd noise" acoustics is worth at least a TD for the home team....IMHO.

Remember when HFC Kevin Sumlin had to call at least 2 timeouts due to Apogee crowd noise for the Houston game? 

Moral of story:  Make Noise Tomorrow NIght!

GMG!

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

I used Ticketmaster for concerts 15+ years.

North Texas uses TM for all ticket sales, even in-house ticketing. The Ticket Office has the ability to place “on-hold” the sections, down to the seat number they want to save for season tickets sales, students, premium seats as well as comps they might issue.

The GA tickets, (Wing Zone) are sold in blocks and show up on the map as how many in a block that are still available. Every ticket for a GA block has a number associated even though the ticket is GA (GA 1-####).

Just from personal experience in ticketing I would imagine by Friday afternoon the ticket office would have released all unsold tickets they had “on hold.”  The exception being a few hundred they might be holding for potential last minute VIP comps/sales, etc. Therefore the TM map should be pretty accurate other than the student section. I’m assuming they don’t release student section tickets for sale at any point so students can claim the tickets.

Just a little insite on how TM works.

#gomeangreen

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

To use the oft' used word "culture".....I don't believe our "student culture" is there yet.  Just need more winning seasons per decade, that's all.

To be honest, I'm surprised at the fan base UNT has been able to sustain thru some not very successful football seasons.  Shows me we have a hungry fan base like these ladies below silently screaming:

GIVE US MORE WINNING FOOTBALL SEASONS WITH AN OCCASIONAL P-5 WIN, TOO! :Damn:

Just sayin'...

Why is she so HOT?

did she work foe ch. 5?

Work for ch5

Edited by NT91
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I talked to a guy that runs the MGC and he said we are around 17,000-18,000 sold as of yesterday. Again, I forgot to ask if this included student sales. 

Im gonna have to start writing down my questions or getting a helper around to guide me

Probably doesn’t include students, honestly. I don’t think it’ll sell out but it’s going to be a nice crowd.

• Lovely Take 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Probably doesn’t include students, honestly. I don’t think it’ll sell out but it’s going to be a nice crowd.

For sure, the game is gonna have a good atmosphere. Unfortunately the DFW alumni base only comes to bowl games or games in Dallas. If we could just drag them in, that stadium would be solid. 

I wonder where the student section ticket sales (Give away) are at?

32 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

For sure, the game is gonna have a good atmosphere. Unfortunately the DFW alumni base only comes to bowl games or games in Dallas. If we could just drag them in, that stadium would be solid. 

Maybe if DART bought out the ATrain (and made it where people didn’t have to change trains) and then extended the tracks from downtown Denton to Apogee...

Well, we can dream.   Watching the Iowa game broadcast, they showed a train dumping hoards of fans off right outside the stadium.  Pretty cool. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Lovely Take 1

2 days ago I believe a UNT staff person said they had accounted for 16,000 plus tickets (accounted I guess meaning sold) and that DID NOT include the UNT students. 

If that is the case........GET TO THE TAILGATING & GAME EARLY INSTEAD OF BEING ON BOTH INTERSTATES DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE 1'ST QUARTER.

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1