Updated Audacity Bulletproof Label (football theme)

UNT 90 Grad

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I stumbled apon the following label update that was approved by the TABC last month:

audacity-bulletproof.jpg

The helmet is a very nice addition!

http://www.texasbeerspot.com/texas-label-approvals-week-september-18-2017/

I've always loved loved loved the labels for Bulletproof, I just wished the beer in the can was actually good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Their beer is some of the worst craft beer brewed in the metroplex, but +1 to them for their support!

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It’s an acquired taste...or you have to really like grapefruit. 

Their output is widely panned in our area. This here is a rather enlightening thread on the Denton subreddit in which an outside investor is seeking to find out whether he wasted his money on them: 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, hickoryhouse said:

I took a 6er of this to arizona with me recently for a excusion on Lake Powell.   The crew I was with loved it and thought that the green Texas flag was cool.   They had no idea it actually meant something and now they have a new fave Texas beer and Texas school.

Lake Powell is my favorite place on earth. I grew up in Flagstaff and spent many weekends on the lake!

1 hour ago, YIPYKIA said:

Lake Powell is my favorite place on earth. I grew up in Flagstaff and spent many weekends on the lake!

After houseboating it and camping on a random beach 50 miles from no where, not sure if I was in AZ or UT, it is now one of my favorite places as well.  I have never seen something quite as beautiful.

• Lovely Take 1

On 10/13/2017 at 12:50 PM, Christopher Walker said:

Their output is widely panned in our area. This here is a rather enlightening thread on the Denton subreddit in which an outside investor is seeking to find out whether he wasted his money on them: 

Except that’s not true and meaningless speculation. Audacity’s downfall is that its main beer is a strange pale ale. Sunset, Boss Raptor and their specialty beers are top notch. “Widely panned” is flat out untrue, the ratings for their beers on Untappd are fine.

I mean DCBC is easily making the best beer around but this speculation by outsiders on Audacity’s issues are laughable.

They got screwed into a bad location and have gone all in on a rather strange beer. That’s all there is about it.

GABF is all about knowing who to schmooze and what beers to brew to win medals. Armadillo has already won once and come from Saint Arnold so they know the ins and outs of GABF. Them not being present isn’t really surprising/bad considering the costs of taking part, especially considering how many don’t take part.

https://untappd.com/b/audacity-brew-house-bulletproof-texas-pale-ale/855215

https://untappd.com/b/deep-ellum-brewing-company-dallas-blonde/201719

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Except that’s not true and meaningless speculation. Audacity’s downfall is that its main beer is a strange pale ale. Sunset, Boss Raptor and their specialty beers are top notch. “Widely panned” is flat out untrue, the ratings for their beers on Untappd are fine.

I mean DCBC is easily making the best beer around but this speculation by outsiders on Audacity’s issues are laughable.

They got screwed into a bad location and have gone all in on a rather strange beer. That’s all there is about it.

GABF is all about knowing who to schmooze and what beers to brew to win medals. Armadillo has already won once and come from Saint Arnold so they know the ins and outs of GABF. Them not being present isn’t really surprising/bad considering the costs of taking part, especially considering how many don’t take part.

https://untappd.com/b/audacity-brew-house-bulletproof-texas-pale-ale/855215

https://untappd.com/b/deep-ellum-brewing-company-dallas-blonde/201719

I’m speaking more to the layman beer drinker around here, not the Untapp’d obsessives. I don’t know anyone around town, beyond you I suppose, who actually likes any of Audacity’s output.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I’m speaking more to the layman beer drinker around here, not the Untapp’d obsessives. I don’t know anyone around town, beyond you I suppose, who actually likes any of Audacity’s output.

Well it’s one of Ben E Keith’s best sellers so someone drinks it.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I think I've lost my taste for craft beer in general.  I think everybody was getting it right about three years ago, and in an unending endeavor to go further, we started getting shit with sour agave worms and jalapenos dusted in cake frosting aged in free range hippy bathtubs while the IPAs got so hoppy that I felt obliged to hang Christmas ornaments on the cans. 

Maybe it was my year without beer in 2015 (which I totally pulled off just to see if I could).  I lost the taste.  

It's what you get when your industry caters to hipsters.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/14/2017 at 2:25 PM, Christopher Walker said:

Very sad that Audacity is shutting down.  That said, I did not care for their flagship brew, but enjoyed Sunset offering.

Edited by LongJim
  • Upvote 2