UT San Antonio Uniforms

MGNation92

3 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I would have preferred the all black look.

Black out game is planned for Oct. 28th game with Halloween being the underlying thought behind that uniform.

• Lovely Take 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, llaacy said:

As a uniform aficionado myself, I have to say that I've been underwhelmed with the concept of uni combos when announced this year, but later impressed with their look on the field (specifically Lamar/USM combos). Can't give enough credit to the design of these uniforms. They blend well together, no matter what combo. However, I gotta say I agree that we should be wearing more green for a game like this. But meh. Let's just win.

Last weekend in Forth Worth against West Virginia, TCU did a "purple out" for the crowd and wore white helmets, black jerseys, and white pants. That worked out just fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Can we please get somebody who looks good in the uniform?  I mean this looks so dumpy.  The pants look 2 sizes to big.  I get you are a big man but can somebody please line up his thigh pads/girdle pads.  No knee braces as a big man?? 

JUST ALL BAD IMO

Agreed. While the graphics have stepped up tremendously this is bad. His pants look like a diaper. Almost as bad as those stock images of people in football pads that clearly have never touched a football in their lives:

stock-photo-american-football-665576191.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Mean Green

Glory to the Green

Green Brigade

Green Parking

Mean Green Club

Green level of giving

So we wear black to a home game and expect others to call us Mean Green.

I just don't understand why we keep doing it to ourselves.

GO MEAN GREEN (?)

i get it, but isn't this kinda like the concept of a baseball team traditionally wearing their team name on their jerseys at home and the city/state on their jerseys on the road?  at home we know our team name and can take advantage of the untraditional jersey with little green on it and on the road we wear more green to go along with our name.  keeping the players happy with alternate uni's and keeping the green on the road.  win win?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

"get off my lawn"

I remember when it was green green white or green white white.

i love the fact we have options. That always hasn't been the case at North Texas. We are judging this off one picture. Lets wait to see how it looks on game day. I personally have loved all the combos even the Gray against SMU was one of my favorites. As we have said here before recruits and high school kids love options. But it they win it doesn't matter. Its 2017 not 1987 its okay to mix in other colors than just white and green. Come on people!!!

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Personally would have preferred more green.  We want the stadium to be a sea of green for this.

This.

Would still love to see a "white out" game at home forcing the opposing team to stand in the sun in dark uniforms for three plus hours.  For this game, I am a traditionalist and like when we represent our school's main colors.  Prefer green top/white pants.

3 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Last weekend in Forth Worth against West Virginia, TCU did a "purple out" for the crowd and wore white helmets, black jerseys, and white pants. That worked out just fine. 

True and looked bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2