Official UTSA Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

10 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Little knowledge drop, Roadrunners do fly.  

They are also members of the cuckcoo family which explains the slogan "Respect the Pecker!"

Little knowledge drop.  UTSA is under investigation for stealing their slogan from the Weinstein Company....(too soon?)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Little knowledge drop, Roadrunners do fly.  

I had to look it up, Rowdy. Thank you for proving the adage that "You're never too old to learn something new." I lived in the Valley for eight years and saw quite a few roadrunners in the brush while hunting or when taking an occasional drive up 281. Most of them I can remember were running like hell or were roadkill.  Other than a short-distance hop out of a low bush, I honestly don't remember them flying. Perhaps I was under the influence of Jose Cuervo or "Estrella" at the time and my memory has been wiped.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

I had to look it up, Rowdy. Thank you for proving the adage that "You're never too old to learn something new." I lived in the Valley for eight years and saw quite a few roadrunners in the brush while hunting or when taking an occasional drive up 281. Most of them I can remember were running like hell or were roadkill.  Other than a short-distance hop out of a low bush, I honestly don't remember them flying. Perhaps I was under the influence of Jose Cuervo or "Estrella" at the time and my memory has been wiped.

Enough Jose Cuervo and you might see some flying dragons too. That suff brings back some interesting memories. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

UTSA: 27

UNT: 24

I'm expecting a tough game and we'll probably all be stressed the F out until the winner is determined at the end. 

The average score prediction on RowdyTalk.com is 32-27 UTSA.  And just like here, not everyone is predicting a home team win. 

On 10/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

After a week off that could not have gone any better for UNT, putting the Mean Green in the driver's seat of the Model A going to the C-USA Championship Game, the birds that don't fly come to town.  
In case you've been living under a rock for the past 5 years, UTSA has pretty much owned North Texas football... sans the lone win during the WORST YEAR EVER.
They'll likely come in here with their tiny bird ears pinned back, confident that they will be able to continue their dominance.

For the Mean Green, Jeffrey Wilson is rolling... Mason Fine is rolling... Jaylon Guyton is rolling...  basically, the entire offense is rolling.   The defense is better, but still needing to play up to their preseason billing as the clear-cut "best unit on the team" label everyone gave them.

UTSA was about to go 11-0, but now they can't do that because USM stepped in their ant pile.   They're going to be laser-focused, and emotionally-charged coming in here.   Sturm is having a nice year, making great decisions with the ball, as evidenced by his QBR, and they have some weapons on offense.   They always play UNT like it's their super bowl (I don't care what you rowdytalk trolls say), and will be looking to come here to win.

As coach Littrell always says: "Be the most excited team to play, and you'll have a chance to win in the 4th quarter."     NT has to come out excited & focused.  If they do, and remain so for 60 minutes, the tower will be green Saturday night.

Sadly, until the curse is reversed, I just cannot predict a win against these guys.  UTSA wins with an excruciating last-minute TD.

UNT: 30
UTSA: 31

Prove me wrong Mean Green.

I read your whole post getting excited and pumped for tomorrow. When I read your prediction, I wanted to smash my computer....

UNT:45

UT-Sorta Almost:31

• Haha 2

North Texas.............35

UTSA.......................31

* Apogee crowd noise causes 2 UTSA timeouts.

* Mason Fine is on a mission for God (a Blues Brothers quote from movie)

* Wilson has another 100+ yard game

* 88 year old UNT coaching legend Hayden Fry gets a standing ovation.

* UTSA fans almost fill their sections

* Last team to score wins game & that team will be wearing green

Edited by PlummMeanGreen