I may be getting ahead of myself, but is FAU really any good? Yeah they won big on ODU 58-28, but they did it mainly on the ground. Driskel was only 13/22 for 97 yards and an INT and no TDS. They ran the ball down ODU's throat on the way to 453 rushing yards. They had a nearly 200 yard rusher in Singletary, and another 100 yard rusher in Howell Jr. Driskel even rushed for 92 on his own. They have losses to Navy. Wisconsin, and a 3-3 Buffalo. However, ESPN FPI only gives us a 27.2% chance of winning and has FAU favored in every game the rest of the way except against LA Tech, but it is pretty much a pick'em game right now. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is it just the Lane Kiffin effect?  

image.png

I don't think our game against FAU is going to be a guaranteed win, unlike what seems to be the popular opinion. However, I'm not super afraid of them in the same way I'm not super afraid of UTSA -- who have they beat that's good? UTSA's 3 wins are all against terrible teams. FAU's 3 wins are against teams that aren't much better. BC (lol), a below average MTSU, and an ODU team that isn't nearly as good as last year. We just have to keep building on our momentum and destroy UTSA, then I think we'll be ok against FAU.

• Upvote 3

I honestly think FAU will be one of the tougher matches, along with UTSA, La Tech and Army.

I would put UTEP and Old Dominion in the next level, with Rice most likely being the weakest opponent at the bottom.

Edited by akriesman

We only need to look to this weeks game. It will be a tough one with UTSA.  They have had our number and we will have to play our best to beat them.  I don't know if this a good omen or bad omen but there was a roadrunner in my backyard this weekend. Maybe it is Rowdy's way of intimidating the fan base.  My dogs had no fear and sent Rowdy on his way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm with sousideguy on this.  Let's take em' one at a time.  Who has FAU beat?  They are improving, but they also haven't beat anyone.  Bethune-Cookman, MUTS without their QB and ODU.  Navy, Wisconsin and Buffalo have beaten them pretty easily.

• Downvote 1