ESPN3 / TV Question

TheColonyEagle

May be a dumb question:

If one were to wonder into a sports bar and wanted to watch a game that is on ESPN3....is that possible? There used to be ESPN Game Plan, is that still a thing?

I won't be at home and will be out of town next week when we play UT Permian Basin. Should I be able to request the game at a sports bar?

• Haha 1

As a safe answer, I want to say no, it's not possible. I would imagine most bars have DirecTV and are ok with flipping channels, but that's it. ESPN3 isn't a channel per se that they can flip to. They'd need more equipment to get it up and running, and that'd require some early arrangement.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:58 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

May be a dumb question:

If one were to wonder into a sports bar and wanted to watch a game that is on ESPN3....is that possible? There used to be ESPN Game Plan, is that still a thing?

I won't be at home and will be out of town next week when we play UT Permian Basin. Should I be able to request the game at a sports bar?

To add on to what @dmaxel said, its not something that should be on TV.. ESPN3 is an only online option, I believe...

With that being said, it is easy to get it on your phone via the ESPN App, all you should need is your cable provider login.

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Most bars don't charge cover, they make money off of selling drinks.  If you're doing that cable wants it's cut.  

For those who don't realize it, when a cable/satellite company sells programming to a bar or restaurant the price includes rights to play whatever is on their channels. ESPN 3 isn't one of those channels, so it's not included as what is paid for. If the bar is charging a cover charge, then the channel is entitled to a cut of that. That cut is built into the price of ppv things like MMA.