WREN JUST CALLED OUT UTSA

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

At the President’s Staff Sack Lunch just now in jest, paraphrasing:

“We gotta keep them humble - they did just make it past community college status after all.”

As soon as the live stream is done and posted, I’ll linknit here.

Also addressed the ESPN/Sparty controversy. I love this guy. Grant McCasland now up.

https://president.unt.edu/videos/sack-lunch

I am guessing that WB wouldn't want that quote/video splattered all over the internet to be used as bulletin board material, no matter how indisputably true it may be.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

On that subject, there was a quote on the USM broadcast that a NT coach say something to fire up USM.  Apparently, its effects only lasted one quarter; but does anyone know what was said.     

Call someone who'll listen, or might give a damn
Maybe one of your sorted affairs
But don't you come 'round here handin' me none of your lies
Here's a quarter, call someone who cares

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

I am guessing that WB wouldn't want that quote/video splattered all over the internet to be used as bulletin board material, no matter how indisputably true it may be.

It was in an effort to encourage attendance for this game. He doesn’t say things lightly. This was for effect.

If it gets butts in seats, I’m hyped about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

That would be very foolish if he did say that. 

On that subject, there was a quote on the USM broadcast that a NT coach say something to fire up USM.  Apparently, its effects only lasted one quarter; but does anyone know what was said.     

Ha!  Yeah, I remembered that too and was just going to post the same thing.

9 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I love the sentiment, I just wish this didn’t end up on here or Twitter. Those ratbirds in SA already pretend this is their SB, don’t need any more motivation.

Let it get posted. Half of them can't read unless it's a picture book.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aigle Vert said:

What did Wren say that was not true?

Does it matter?  No.  You can tell your wife she looks fat in a certain outfit and even if it's true you're going to regret it.  You could tell your kids they are stupid and you could be correct but it's a stupid thing for you to say.

There's also the matter of being respectful towards others.  This was just a little joke that looks much worse in black and white and isolated from all context.     

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3