SMU's New Locker Room

El Paso Eagle

11 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Stadium journey?? They dock us for traffic... you tried getting a parking spot for SMU game?? Anyway Apogee and its guts and features kick Ford's ars... anything else and you're crazy.  I paid 10 bucks for a hot dog and bag of chips, another 4 for water at ford. 

No they they sold all facilities to UNT back in the original deal.

12 years ago when the transfer took place, the former Liberty campus was incredibly run down. What they have done with the basketball facility is nice and the volleyball arena is ok, but the rest of the infrastructure over there is terrible. 

13 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Apogee 2.0 

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-6-17-21-am.png

Hello @shootermcgavin44 I do not know you from Adam.  However, I see that you are having vision issues and as a licensed health agent I would be doing you a huge disservice to not offer you some vision plans.

I offer multiple companies that are competitive across the board regardless of your age.

I even offer the highly sought after PPO plans which give you the freedom to pick any optometrist you like.  Please feel free to message me. 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Hello @shootermcgavin44 I do not know you from Adam.  However, I see that you are having vision issues and as a licensed health agent I would be doing you a huge disservice to not offer you some vision plans.

I offer multiple companies that are competitive across the board regardless of your age.

I even offer the highly sought after PPO plans which give you the freedom to pick any optometrist you like.  Please feel free to message me. 😂

take away the wing and such a huge difference. please feel free to message me 

University-of-North-Texas-Apogee-Stadium (1).jpg

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-6-17-21-am (1).png

Edited by shootermcgavin44
  • Downvote 3

I'm not sure what the point is in comparing Allen's field to ours but to say, 'good job Allen'. 

I've been to college football at DKR, Neyland, Ford, the Alamodome, Pre-renovation Amon G Carter, the Cotton Bowl, Rice Stadium, and Apogee is as comfortable as the best those have to offer, has good concessions/restrooms/chillax facilities, good-to-great sightlines. I mean Neyland, DKR, Rice, and the Cotton Bowl are great for 1930s football but suck for the modern fan who does not want to use a latrine. 

Also, I've been to Benito Villamarin in Sevilla and the Camp Nou in Barcelona, and Seattle's stadium (whoever sponsors them this time). 

The thing that separates the nicest, flashiest from the classic, awe-inspiring is history and that is it. Camp Nou and Benito Villamarin are about the same in quality but Barcelona plays in the former and a mid-table (at best) side in Real Betis plays in the latter. Neyland stadium is meh, DKR is 90% concrete death trap and Ford field is a glorified Rice stadium without the history. 

---

TL;DR -- the locker rooms are important and those are the kinds of things that sway recruits. The stadiums are less important to recruits especially if they are comparing one empty stadium to another. Apogee is a great college football stadium for the price and I hope to _have_ to shell out money to build it up to accommodate the throngs of new fans we will get when we win 50 games in a  row and win a couple natties. Until then, I don't think the thing holding back a recruit is a the similarities of Allen's field to ours. 

• Upvote 5

There are some similarities and also some key differences. What’s the point anyway? That’s one of the biggest high schools in the country by far so it is exceptional. That is not exemplary of most HS stadiums. They are football crazy. If NT was that football crazy our stadium would seat 100K. Frankly I’m OK with not football crazy. We need to have a decent program but there are other priorities too. Stadium and locker rooms would be the least of things for smu to hold over us. But we have a lot more people yet still a lot less Aholes. I’m good with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I got his medical transportation right here:

956831ojqbzqjnh4.gif

My god, did Gretchin wake up one morning and take a dump in this guy's corn flakes? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Leave it our own fans to put down our own facilities and compare them to HS (albeit the best of the best) facilities. We are our own worst enemies.

*Hint*  He's not one of our fans.

Honestly, Apogee has received so much positive national recognition that we don't need to listen to this one troll.   

• Lovely Take 1

13 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Yep.  Strong data there.  If you look at the scores that matter and eliminate stuff like "Neighborhood" and "Extras" plus take in to account that this is some dude's opinion, then it isn't close.  I mean, he claims SMU's band is one of the best in college football.

13 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Lol quite the impressive list 

And your's includes?  Based on the pictures provided I would rate the local stadiums as follows:

1.  Apogee

2.  Allen

3.  Ford

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clearly @shootermcgavin44 eats pieces of dung for breakfast and it's messing with his brain.  I'd question if you've ever been to any of the stadiums you're comparing on an actual gameday.  Flyover pics don't represent the actual look and feel being there and of watching a game.

Having been to all three, there is no question that Allen has the nicest HS stadium in the country.  But it still feels like a HS stadium.  Lighting has a lot to do with that, as does the general construction, the concourses and convenience/food stations.

• Lovely Take 1