SMU's New Locker Room

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, THOR said:

and we care because???

because we are fighting for the same kids to play for us.

SMU wins the locker room contest.

I was miffed when our old AD decided to update ours recently...and we went from an engineered maple laminate to anouther engineered maple laminate?? 

very sterile look with zero "wow" factor...needs more color...it reminds me of a doctors office or an IKEA

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

didn't we just update our  locker room?   so, guess we need to go spending more money to catch up with the southbound kids that have plenty of extra income to upgrade every other year...

newsflash....we don't have the cash that other schools do...if a lockerroom scores them a kid over us, so be it...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Our athletic facilities were slapped together on a make shift TAAPS school and a dilapidated golf course , how do you know facilities didn't play a role in why he chose SMU 

i don't and neither do you...but apogee > ford, moody > super pit...that's all i've got...maybe, just maybe, he wanted a fancy private school education (not that it is better), but then again, i don't know if north texas ever recruited him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

i don't and neither do you...but apogee > ford, moody > super pit...that's all i've got...maybe, just maybe, he wanted a fancy private school education (not that it is better), but then again, i don't know if north texas ever recruited him

apogee is better than ford? apogee = allen isd stadum but not closed in 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 20

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I gotta be honest.  They are nice.  I hope we can do something similar someday.  Looks like they took some notes from the UT ones.

I'd say the locker rooms aren't a big issue. I'd be more concerned with the meeting rooms and training room. That's where you'll spend more time. Position meeting and film. You want them to be nice but not overly comfortable because falling asleep doesn't go over well. Especially during camp or after a loss. Training room speaks for itself. (Hell, the Star is building it's own hospital.)

In the end I guess we want nice everything for recruiting. Hopefully the in door facility gets done too.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

apogee is better than ford? apogee = allen isd stadum but not closed in 

Your dumbest post of all time.  Apogee is light years ahead of Ford.  Also to your earlier comment, it's Tapps, and they've revamped those facilities. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Your dumbest post of all time.  Apogee is light years ahead of Ford.  Also to your earlier comment, it's Tapps, and they've revamped those facilities. 

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/apogee-stadium-s1355/

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/gerald-j.-ford-stadium-s415

Liberty still has facilities off of bonnie brae? 

• Downvote 2

Stadium journey?? They dock us for traffic... you tried getting a parking spot for SMU game?? Anyway Apogee and its guts and features kick Ford's ars... anything else and you're crazy.  I paid 10 bucks for a hot dog and bag of chips, another 4 for water at ford. 

No they they sold all facilities to UNT back in the original deal.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

mic drop...he just quoted stadiumjourney.com....life is over as we know it...wtf is stadiumjourney???

• Upvote 1