UNT vs. Southern Miss OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Harry

Just now, Got5onIt said:

Awesome win! Now time for the biggest game ever in the history of Western Civilzation. I want to see that pesky roadrunner finally get what's coming to him!

We beat UTSA and we can consider melting down Spiriki and recasting it as Litrelliki.  

Just now, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Please take the high road.

Yes.  If they proved to be jack asses, no need to bray right next to them.    Let UTSA corner that market.

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Yes.  If they proved to be jack asses, no need to bray right next to them.    Let UTSA corner that market.

You'll be proud to know that I actually ejected myself from the SMU game.  I knew I was about to say something that was going to start trouble, so I left.  

I'm both very proud and very ashamed of that moment. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

You'll be proud to know that I actually ejected myself from the SMU game.  I knew I was about to say something that was going to start trouble, so I left.  

I'm both very proud and very ashamed of that moment. 

That’s exactly why I didn’t go. I would’ve gotten kicked out. I can’t keep my mouth shut around those smug shitheads.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just a great come from behind win for this team! Between Army last year and Southern Miss, it should be clear that Littrell's teams are going to be able to compete and win on the road! In years prior to Seth, if we'd started a game like we did tonight, we have folded like a tent. Great resilience.

Now time to kick UTSA's ass!!!

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Just a great come from behind win for this team! Between Army last year and Southern Miss, it should be clear that Littrell's teams are going to be able to compete and win on the road! In years prior to Seth, if we'd started a game like we did tonight, we have folded like a tent. Great resilience.

Now time to kick UTSA's ass!!!

Add Rice last year in that as well

• Thanks 1

Awesome victory.

The team could have tied the game at 14 but lost momentum on a fumble and a few players later gave up a 65-yard TD run. I was worried we would let the game get away from us there.

1st and Goal at the 2 and we have to kick a field goal as Southern Miss maintains a 21-20 lead one possession into the second half. I was also worried that the Golden Eagles would march down the field on their first possession of the half.

Even sweeter that this came on the road. Big confidence boost for the entire team and I'm sure a bunch of users on here. Hopefully students recognize that we are in sole possession of first place in the division and this game in a couple weeks could have huge meaning. Am I crazy for mentioning a conference championship game two weeks into league play?? CAWWWW!!!!

28 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Good point. That one really kind of kicked things off and proved the team could find a way to win.

Wasn’t rice right before the bye week as well? 

2 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Awesome victory.

The team could have tied the game at 14 but lost momentum on a fumble and a few players later gave up a 65-yard TD run. I was worried we would let the game get away from us there.

1st and Goal at the 2 and we have to kick a field goal as Southern Miss maintains a 21-20 lead one possession into the second half. I was also worried that the Golden Eagles would march down the field on their first possession of the half.

Even sweeter that this came on the road. Big confidence boost for the entire team and I'm sure a bunch of users on here. Hopefully students recognize that we are in sole possession of first place in the division and this game in a couple weeks could have huge meaning. Am I crazy for mentioning a conference championship game two weeks into league play?? CAWWWW!!!!

We need to be pumping out as much UNT stuff as possible this week.. If you have season tickets, tweet it out that you bought tickets this week, allow the AD office to RT it for other fans to be encouraged.. Give the office energy for them to hopefully present confidence in the team to the students.. 

No idea, but maybe even call departments and offer to sponsor some students tailgating?