UNT to buy IHOP land, students will get over it

Skipper

Boo.  IHOP is a quick walk from the tailgate area for some late (late) night food when doing an overnight tailgate.  The other "walking distance" restaurants called out are not near this corner of campus.  I don't care who owns the land, I just wish they'd keep an all night restaurant there.

I like the green IHOP logo in the article, however. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Boo.  IHOP is a quick walk from the tailgate area for some late (late) night food when doing an overnight tailgate.  The other "walking distance" restaurants called out are not near this corner of campus.  I don't care who owns the land, I just wish they'd keep an all night restaurant there.

Did you really like it when a sack and save, a gas station, an un renovated McDonalds, and an IHOP where the public face of the university from  i35?  I sure didn't.  

All that land is going to be made into a great "face" for the campus.  Public perception is important and this will help greatly when it is done.

18 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

UBEREATS my friend.  You can get about dang near anything you please in Denton.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Did you really like it when a sack and save, a gas station, an un renovated McDonalds, and an IHOP where the public face of the university from  i35?  I sure didn't.  

All that land is going to be made into a great "face" for the campus.  Public perception is important and this will help greatly when it is done.

Nope.  Didn't see me complaining when the others closed.

I have fond memories of going to IHOP and the Kettle (was next to the Whataburger) at all hours of the night, but the place really shows it's age now.  Certainly it's not the same with a drop-down ceiling instead of the A-frame.  It's time for something to replace it.  In a different location, obviously.

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Agreed!

2 hours ago, NT91 said:

Is the Cozy Oak around?

You're dating yourself...   to my age!  Never finished the 100 beers "on the wall" - did you?